“My go to place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Salon & Day Spa

Mitchell's Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Though most of the clients are women, the Cincinnati Bengals come to this spa for pedicures.
Cincinnati
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“My go to place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I go here for Hair - color, highlighting, cuts and Waxing - brow and bikini. I love the West Chester location - super convenient. Rhea (hair) and Lanee (waxing) are the BEST!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mrschultze

Cincinnati
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Expensive but Worth It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have been a customer of Mitchell's in West Chester for years (my stylist is Stephanie) and I couldn't be happier with the service and quality I enjoy every time I visit. My hair is longer and I get highlights, and the end result of a session with Master Designer Stephanie exceeds my expectations every time. She always does what I ask but is also willing to suggest changes to "update." She works hard to make me happy every time, and I am, every time.

The central appointment line has extra hours so I can call for an appointment when it's convenient for me. If I need a last minute appointment, they always try to wedge me in (though the schedule is usually pretty full - call early if possible). Stylists at the salon work there for years, so you don't have to deal with a stylist leaving just when you get used to each other. While I have not used their spa services often, my experience in that area has also been excellent, and the spa is always packed. Men and children are in conspicuous attendance at both the spa and salon and so would be comfortable.

If you're looking for a bargain, go elsewhere (though they do have regular 20% off gift certificate "sales" and last minute, book-today specials if you sign up for an online account), but if you want to treat a special person to an excellent spa or salon experience, or if you want dependable, elegant, professional service for yourself, use Mitchell's.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank dneumann
Cincinnati, Ohio
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Upscale place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have had two experiences at Mitchell's with two different stylists. The salon is nicely furnished and you feel as if you will pampered there. The stylists are very professional but I felt both times that I was on a time clock with them. One did a nice job but I did not want to return to her so opted for a different stylist the second time and I would not return to her either. I did buy some expensive hair care products there on my first visit. I do have several friends who go regularly to Mitchell's and I like their hair styles. It is a little on the pricey side.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank tlynn63
Hamilton, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Rub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Great massage and hair cut, I buy my sister a gift card every xmas

Cincinnati, Ohio
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Over commercialized - not personal any more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Mitchell's has gotten so big that they've lost that personal touch. It's a rush you in, rush you out kinda place. They need to get back to basics.

5 Thank Ellestar