“It is a fun Saturday destination.”
Review of Findlay Market

Findlay Market
Ranked #21 of 182 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: A variety of merchants feature their produce and wares in these distinct location categories: Market House, Farmer's Market, Outdoor and Storefront.
Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“It is a fun Saturday destination.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I seek out the foodie destinations in every major city I spend time or live in. Having lived in Cincinnati for 5 years and a frequent visitor to the Findley Market, the overall experience is lacking when compared to other cities. Cleveland's West Side Market is larger with a greater variety of quality items and Pittsburgh's Strip District offers a fantastic weekend destination!! There is a TA review from 2010 that states the Findley market has lost its appeal which I can understand. I can say that the Market has improved since my first visit in 2008....however my average rating is based on comparing this market to other cities foodie destinations. the Findley Market has several new vendors and outdoor seating for weekend visitors. The Vietnamese restaurant and the Wine shop are good examples of additions that add appeal to the market. Parking on the weekend is crazy for sure...the market management should make additional secure parking a future priority for the Market to attract people from the burbs. I suggest that you visit the market and visit the meat venders. You will find the best sausage and bacon at the market!! The Vietnamese restaurant is AWESOME and the wine shop tastings are a great time on Saturday....or get an awesome Gyro in the main building!!

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Longmont, Colorado
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“If you love markets...”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a rainy July morning and it was a visual and culinary treat. I grew up in Cincy and never went here, not sure why maybe a "bad" part of town? 30 years later I feel like I opened a great treasure chest. The neighborhood is adorable, the market sublime! I lOved the entire experience and will return on my next trip. Go for breakfast and enjoy all the marketplace has to offer!

1 Thank Mark107
Ramat Gan, Israel
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“The place to be on Saturday”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

On my way to the market I asked direction from an old man walking very slowly. He looked up at me "Mum, I worked at this market when I was very young, helped to build the displays and gather the food. Then the market was very big". he raised his hand and "look what became of him"

Well go on Saturday and you will find a well preserved place, very clean and organized. The food is fresh and tasty. People are friendly and you may leave with all kinds of goodies You might enjoy a free concert and in the corner if you listen good enough you might hear the "new" Billy Holiday.

Don’t forget to take the camera. There are some wild character who would love to pose for you and some very interesting wall painting who are just waiting to be discovered

Visited September 2012
United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Waste of time”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My two sisters and I were in Cincinnati on a mini-vacation and stopped here after touring some historical sites downtown. After reading the reviews on here, we put in enough parking money in for several hours thinking it would be like a mini-Philadelphia Reading Terminal Market or Columbus North Market. There are hardly any shops and the ambiance and neighborhood leave much to be desired. We wished we had skipped this and had more time to spend at the Museum Center.

Visited August 2012
8 Thank Up2lateagn
Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Who knew?”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

All over Europe I've seen food markets just like this one. We visit Cincinnati numerous times throughout the year. Who knew we such a great venue right there in Cinti?! I loved all the wonderful displays of meats, seafood, pastas, produce, candy, specialty foods, spices, etc, within the building. Along the perimeter, there were craft booths selling handwares, pottery, knitting, candles, soaps and anything else you might find at a festival. To make it even better, there were numerous restaurants and food offerings on streets going off at right angles to the market. Also, a farmers' market is in session right now. This is a real find and we loved it.

Visited August 2012