“A piece of History”

and up
The Nati in a Nutshell Cincinnati Food Tour Including Carew Tower Entrance Fee
Ranked #11 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center stands as the nation's newest monument to freedom. It brings to life the importance - and relevance - of struggles for freedom around the world and throughout history, including today.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was very pleased with the amount of history and how the information was portrayed. I learned things that I had never known about the state of Kentucky and appreciated the detail in research.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Every person should see this place! You will definitely need a whole day to get through everything. t but will go back I only got through half of it. I Feel blessed to have even experienced something like this in all places. Wear comfortable shoes and opt for the self guided tour that you can download for free to your smart phones.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very well done-so much history to take in. We started on the 3rd floor and felt the museum flowed better this way. Several good movies to watch as part of the museum. We also took advantage of the research library on the fourth floor-it is free and helps you track your families geneology.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to visit. I went on my 2nd date with my now husband 5 years ago. I am a huge history buff. And while it focuses on slavery, there are a sigificant number of positive exhibits as well. Well worth the cost! Also... Make sure you take a few hours to see everything. This isn't a place you can get thru in 1 hour.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I visited here on a recent trip to Cincinnati. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't "just" about the Underground Railroad. They touched on all kinds of slavery, oppression and other human rights issues.
While the building is beautifully appointed I found it was a bit difficult to navigate. Various parts are located far apart and there isn't really seating to sit and rest between areas. When you have mobility issues that makes a difference between seeing it all or having to pick and choose what you can see in a trip (which is what we ended up doing.)
Parking and outside signage were abysmal. We had to stop and check our map more than once, and we were within 2 blocks of the Center.
Still, this isn't about parking or signage, it's about the Center itself. I, for one, am looking forward to going back, parking issues not withstanding.