“Great museum”

and up
The Nati in a Nutshell Cincinnati Food Tour Including Carew Tower Entrance Fee
Ranked #10 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center stands as the nation's newest monument to freedom. It brings to life the importance - and relevance - of struggles for freedom around the world and throughout history, including today.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went with my child's class for a school field trip. Everyone really enjoyed the visit. We had a guided tour. The guide showed the shackles and how they worked. They also had the chance to learn what it was like to be a child drummer boy during the Civil War. The video of a slave trying to escape to Ohio was very meaningful. I highly recommend this museum to anyone, but particularly for school field trips. In speaking with other parents who attended, the only disappointment that anyone had was that our school only allotted 2 hours for the visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stopped here for a visit on our way thru Cincinnati. I would love to have had more time and capacity. There is too much info to absorb in a single visit. We spent 3 hours there and I could easily have spent twice that much time. I particularly enjoyed the exhibits that related experiences of actual individuals. Just couldn't read as much as I would have liked. Even if you know the basics of the Underground Railroad, you will find so much new information. All of us should know more about this part of our history.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The museum was interesting and focused on many important issues, such as the slave trade, the underground railroad, and slavery in the modern day. However, I felt that 12dollars was rather expensive for the experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited here a month or two ago and I really really like this museum. Every single time I go there is a new exhibit and I leave feeling enlightened and just a little bit more wise than I was when I walked in. This place is definitely good to visit several times a year as the exhibits do change frequently.

1  Thank Jocee_Joce
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Such a fantastic, educational museum chronicling the Underground Railroad's history. The staff is friendly, the facility is clean, parking is affordable and accessible. Took us a few hours to get through. Consider adding this to your trip itinerary!