“Amazing information and art!”

National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
The Nati in a Nutshell Cincinnati Food Tour Including Carew Tower Entrance Fee
Ranked #10 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center stands as the nation's newest monument to freedom. It brings to life the importance - and relevance - of struggles for freedom around the world and throughout history, including today.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I thought I knew a lot about the Underground Railroad and slavery. I did not know enough. A great museum.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an impressive building. The issues and exhibits are sensitively presented and are a firm reminder of where society was not all that long ago. The exhibits take you from the dark days of historic slavery and transition you to the realisation that modern slavery exists worldwide and we still have a ways to go to overcome this blight on human society.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My adult son and I were in town to catch a Reds game. On a whim we decided to visit the museum which we hadn't heard much about. In about 1.5 hrs we were transported to a glimpse at the life of slavery, their bold efforts to reach freedom and the equally bold efforts of the railroad's conductors. The facility is amazingly modern and informative and very emotional.

1  Thank HuskerTraveler2
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The museum is very interactive and visual. Sad lesson of American history. It's located in a nice area, and you can go for a walk or choose between lots of food options.

1  Thank Aurora_Nomad
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went with a group of friends to the Center thinking oh it would be ok. Well I was blow away by the importance of the Center's message to the world. Intolerance and dehumanization is a major issue for our world to deal with effectively. This is certainly a must see and must get into place. I hope all children around Cincinnati go there. Perhaps we will improve the future.

1  Thank SharonMCleveland