“Great Ball Park”

Great American Ball Park
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This new home for the Cincinnati Reds, the oldest major league baseball team in the U.S., balances its spiffy new look with nostalgic tributes to the team's history including reminders of Crosley Field, where it all began.
Cincinnati, Ohio
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Great Ball Park”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

There is not a bad seat in the house. Great old school style stadium with all the modern amenities.Great family atmosphere, highly recommend if you even aren't a reds fan.

• Korean first
Loveland, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“It is Fun!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

One of the best family friendly professional ballparks we have visited. Lots of care and thought put into every corner of this park. The owners go out of their way to make the fans feel wanted and they listen to suggestions and act on those suggestions. The park is laid out in an interesting and easy to manor. Parking is easy.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Long time Reds Fan”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

So I am biased. I have been to GABP several times, and just took my son there last year for the 1st time. We went again this summer. I went to my first game at Riverfront Stadium many years ago.

The ballpark itself is very nice, an open stadium with views of downtown and the Ohio River. There is parking around, but if you will need to walk some. If you are willing to walk a few city blocks, you can get parking for $5 (probably less if you walk more).

There is a kids area with a small mini-park. Last year they had whiffle balls, but this year you could only run the "bases".

The main scoreboard over left/center field is huge, although replays were limited. Food is overpriced, of course. You can take bottles of water and snacks in, at least. The restrooms were well maintained.

If you are there for a warm, day game, I suggest being on the 1st base side, but in the higher rows on the field level if you don't want to bake in the sun.

They have a promotion that you get a free pizza if the Reds pitchers get 11 strikeouts. We got it, but unfortunately, we are from out of town, so the kid was bummed that we couldn't cash in.

The Fox Sports Ohio post-game show is broadcast live along the field level, 3rd base line. It's a great way to get on TV, so have someone set your DVR!

Newport News, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“National Conference”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

First time at the Great American Ballpark and I found it very fan friendly. Easy walking distance from the downtown area. Food and drink prices were reasonable for a Major League park. You'll enjoy it !

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice Park!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm not a Reds fan, but we were in the area, so we went to a game. Our seats were in left field, just a few rows from the wall. We could see everything (except the big screen - which was behind us) and the seats we under $25! A big bargain! I loved the riverboat theme of the park.

We arrived early on Sunday to watch batting practice, but sadly, they do not have batting practice on Sunday. Huh?? They don't BAT on Sunday?? Lesson learned...don't go early on Sunday. So, we went to the Machine bar inside of the park and had $4 sodas. The lack of batting practice on Sunday is the reason I gave four stars instead of five.

We did find very inexpensive parking, right by the park. Only $10 - another bargain.

My daughter has very severe peanut allergy and sadly, people were eating peanuts everywhere! Fortunately, there were a lot of empty seats so she moved a few times. I know - people eat peanuts at a ballpark - but I'm hyperaware of them. It would be so awesome if ballparks had a few rows or a section that were guaranteed peanut-free. It's hard to relax and enjoy a game when you have to continually watch what the people around you are eating - especially considering they don't just eat peanuts, but brush the dust and shells off, too. We've taken her to other games in other parks and not had so many peanut eaters nearby.