“Family Reunion”

Great American Ball Park
Ranked #5 of 154 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This new home for the Cincinnati Reds, the oldest major league baseball team in the U.S., balances its spiffy new look with nostalgic tributes to the team's history including reminders of Crosley Field, where it all began.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Once a year my husband and I travel to Cincinnati to visit with family. This trip 12 family members went to the ballgame to see the Reds play. We all had a great time, even with a rain delay! The facility is beautiful and the bars/restaurants around the stadium are great. Looking forward to next years visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,647)
All reviews
"behind home plate"
in 48 reviews
"hot dogs"
in 85 reviews
"great place to watch a game"
in 31 reviews
in 33 reviews
"home run"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Reds park was #19 on our ballpark tour and it did not disappoint. Visually the park is beautiful both externally and internally. I did not see the skyline views many other reviewers commented on, but I imagine that was because we were too low in the box seats. From those seats there was no view of the Cincinnati skyline. I imagine if you were higher up in the stadium you would be able to see it. So that was disappointing since we didn't get the view you get like you see in Pittsburgh or Cleveland. However, the stadium is fitting for the Reds as you just see a sea of Red in both the seats and the fans clothing. I also very much liked the centerfield design of the riverboat, including the stacks that shoot fire and fireworks after homeruns and victories. The seats were good and spacious, which I liked very much. We didn't partake in the food this time as we had just had dinner prior to arriving, but it certainly looked like there were many great choices. My wife also enjoyed the good selection of wine, which is rare for most ballparks. The ballpark vendors were limited, and for me were just the right amount. Some parks have so many that they interfere with the game and block your view too often. GABP had just the right amount. Also, if you walk around the park to the right of the main entrance there are many spectacular views of Roebling bridge and the skylines of Kentucky and Cincinnati. We took some great photos there. The crowd was great, and this was one of the few stadiums where we did not encounter seat poachers. They also had a spectacular fireworks show after the game, one of the best I have ever seen. I won't rate it the best park I've ever been to, but it was definitely fun and worth the visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We attended a Reds game on July 5, 2013 and had a great time. There were amazing fireworks after the game. The ballpark is clean and the seats are not crowded. My only complaint is why do they have to gouge you if you want something to eat or drink?It seems to me they would sell twice as much if the prices were reasonable. I can understand charging a lot for beer as to keep it under control but $5 for a bottle of water is ridiculous! I bet a lot of people dehydrate in an afternoon game rather than pay those prices!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This stadium is clean and easy to get to. But I have been there twice and each time found it impossible to see the field if there was a person sitting in front of you. The sight lines are terrible.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice way to spend a day. Lots of parking around the stadium. Friends parked on the KY side of the river and walked across the bridge. Got the 1/2 price parking that way. Vendors will sell water, peanuts, etc. for a fraction of the cost of the stadium but you can't take it in if you open it before entering. Went to two gift shops, one in the stadium, one out. You can go to the one out if you go to the re-entry gate and get your hand and ticket stamped. Easy to do. Was fun to watch ESPN/Fox Sports broadcast fro the lower level. Nice staff.