“Great water park! but skip the rides!”
Review of Coney Island

Coney Island
Ranked #31 of 183 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This park features the world's largest recirculating swimming pool, along with water slides.
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great water park! but skip the rides!”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My family went to Coney Island yesterday. It was kind of expensive to get in. We had 3 adults and 4 kids. We bought the water/ride combination tickets and spent $120. All of us had a great time in the water park. They also have a store there where you can purchase floating tubes, sun glasses, hats, and swim suits. They are for sale at very good prices ( like $3 for all of them except really big ones that could fit like 4 people those were around $12). The water was clean and the water slides were very fun for the whole family.
We spent about 3 hours in the water park section then went over to the rides section. All of the rides with the exception of 1 were fair rides. We went on the only roller coaster that was there first. While we were in line there was a little girl who was not tall enough to ride the ride, the ride attendant told her she was not tall enough, then proceeded to allow her to ride it without an adult! (Arent those rules there for safety reasons??) After the roller coaster we road bumper cars and the little kids road small trains and airplanes. The final ride was with 2 of my kids and my mother in law. They road a boat that swings up in the air. When the ride was over the bar would no lift up and the ride operator just kept pushing buttons for 20 minutes, then called someone who said he was "in charge of all the rides". He pushed buttons then called someone else who said that the passengers were not properly proportioned and there was too much weight on one side of the boat and that is why the bar would not lift. So again safety not so important to these people. We talked to the manager who informed us that the man who said the ride weight was uneven "doesnt know what he is talking about" Umm shouldnt the person in charge know what he is talking about! So we got our money back. 100% full refund. If we ever go back we will only be going to the water park, because that really was worth the money.

3 Thank TravelinMAMAof4

Allentown, Pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alright place”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

the place was just terrible there was no entertainment, my mom had a conference in cincinati so the family decided to go along and we went to cony island. i think it should have been better if we just stayed home

2 Thank lamborghini_all_over
Rockwall, Tx
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Coney Island was a great day!”
Reviewed July 21, 2007

The Sunlite pool was great.The water was clear and fresh all the time and there were a lot of people in it. We travel a lot and hardly ever see diving boards anymore and they had several. My granddaughter did not want to leave. We liked the Classic rides but i wish i had known that I did not need a ride ticket to go in (I am 55 and can't ride anymore) I had already bought the combination ticket at the Sunlite pool and I could have saved money had I known..The classic ride area shop needs to sell sovineers, t-shirts, etc..Some of the items in thier "musem" of what they "used" to sell would be nice. The price was good for the kids anyway. There were no shows going on while we were there.

4 Thank DebraLynn
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"That's Entertainment!"”
Reviewed August 22, 2003

I took a recent trip to Coney Island to visit my daughter who is the Entertainment Manager there for the live productions. My mother and I try to see her at all the different locations that she performs at whether it's Las Vegas or Boston. But for some reason, Coney Island is the place that stands out in my mind.

The location is beautiful with all its historic properties. It's festive with all the people that go and ride and seek cooling down at the pool. The old fashioned rides of when I grew up and my mother, my daughter can experience there. It is a wonderful family oriented establishment with the old fashioned fun.

Of course, I must say that the live entertainment is some of the best I've seen. Not because my daughter is one of the entertainers, but because the entire cast especially this year is so professional. The voices and the dancing and the overall presentation is of the best quality for a small ammusent park. Most of the cast members are professionals in their own fields and they choose Coney Island as a place where they can pull themselves together from more grueling ventures. So with this in mind, these performers are top notch and in the relaxed atmosphere of the Coney Island venue, these performers give you the best entertainment at their highest standards with flawless ease and less stress.

All this and it's free. Everyone should take some time out in their busy lives and pack up the kids and go see the shows and enjoy the park. You won't be dissapointed. Besides, the next time you may get to see any of these cast members you may have to pay a lot of money. You can say that you saw them here. Hurry though because they leave after Labor Day!

J.Michel Arizona