“Fun For a Hot Afternoon”
Review of Coney Island

Coney Island
Ranked #32 of 183 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This park features the world's largest recirculating swimming pool, along with water slides.
St. Petersburg, FL
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fun For a Hot Afternoon”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Joined a bunch of family here for a family members 5th birthday party. We made a smart decision and rented the cabana which provided us with some shade from the hot afternoon sun. The pool is huge and has areas for both big and small kids and adults. The water slides are a great addition to the pool and the younger kids had fun. If you are looking for a real water park you may consider someplace else with more slides and rides but for the meager cost of admission it's a great way to spend the day. I would recommend this place for anyone with kids who like to swim and play in the water.

Visited August 2013

Huntington, West Virginia, United States
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice day for families”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had not been here in about 40 years. The park was nice and clean. Rides were not long so waiting was not a problem. We ate lunch at LaRosa's and it was good. There are plenty of rides for youngsters. There is a nice pool but we did not go since it was chilly on the day we were there.

Visited August 2013
Monroe, Ohio
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Classic Family Fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really enjoyed the small nostalgic feel of this park. It is wonderful to walk around the park and even down to the river. Ride some rides or not; play some games or not; buy food, or bring a picnic; get wet or stay dry. There are many choices at this 127 year old park. I only wish I could have experienced this place in its prime. Having a young daughter, my wife and I are always looking for affordable family activities and this one hit the bull’s eye.

Visited July 2013
Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great fun for younger children”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A good variety of rides for younger and older children. Very personable workers at the various attractions. Reasonable costs. Wish the food costs were a bit lower, especially beverages but all that we have tried was good and freshly prepared.

Visited August 2012
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Place is Great, but you have ONE bad egg!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I come to Coney Island a lot with my family. Actually I will be back tomorrow. I am from Kentucky and drive an hour and 45 mintues to visit Coney Island.

My biggest problem I had from the last time I came is the young man by the name of Sam that was working the slides. Again, I visit OFTEN and have never been as disapointed as this visit. My daughter(5) and I along with my cousin and her son went up and down the slide more than 10 times. If we get near the top and they are going to seperate myself and my daughter, I simply turn around and ask for a single person to come up. My daughter is 5, she loves the slide, but she loves to know that I am going to be meeting her at the bottom around the same time. When I did this Sam said to me in such a rude tone "Mam you can not do this, you are holding up my line, you need to go now." First off, I was not holding up the line, there were people sitting getting ready to go down. I said "No I am not, I have done this all day with no issues." He again is rude and says he is not going to allow me to let someone come up. So my cousin was a few ppl below me, I moved down to her, and BAM I was back at the top and ready to go down with my daughter. At this point, he must have thought I went to the bottom, and a girl was releasing him and he was sitting there talking about me so rudely to the oncoming girl. At this point I was very upset, because it was completely uncalled for. My cousin looked at him, and said "She is right here, and she was not holding up the line." He then rolled his eyes, finished his conversation with the girl about myself and walked away.

Yes, I am revisiting Coney Island, but this service is not what I expect from a family water park. I am the General Manager of a hotel, and I would not tollerate this type of service from any of my staff, and I hope that the Manager feels the same way.

I understand that you have young people who work for you, but they still need to be respectful to the families who visit the park. See you tomorrow!!

Visited July 2013