“Fantastic Trip Down Memory Lane”
Review of Coney Island

Coney Island
Ranked #33 of 187 things to do in Cincinnati
More attraction details
Owner description: This park features the world's largest recirculating swimming pool, along with water slides.
Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip Down Memory Lane”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited Coney Island on July 8 with a group of 16, ages 2 weeks to 69 years old. I remember Coney Island very fondly from when I was a small child. I wanted my children to experience the more laid back amusement park - different from the hectic pace of Kings Island. Coney Island actually surpassed my expectations.
The parking is very convenient compared to the larger amusement parks. I had purchased 11 tickets online for $10/each, and they were quickly exchanged for wrist bands at a ticket kiosk very close to the parking lot. A place to rent wheelchairs ($5) was also conveniently close by.
One of the best qualities of this park is the layout. Mature trees, winding trails and beautiful landscaping break up the rides into different areas. This is not a large concrete slab with rides sitting on it. Our daughter and son-in-law had their 2 week old baby with them. There were places near most of the rides to find a place in the shade to sit.
We brought a picnic lunch with us and there are numerous picnic tables and shelters near the parking lots to picnic.
We took a nice walk after lunch along the river view pathway. The old stone entrance to Coney, along with the flood markers provide some interesting photo ops.
There were plenty of rides to keep our group busy. Our riders were aged 8,10,12,13,15,17,19,21,22,24,and 53. One of the children is special needs because of epilepsy. There were numerous rides we could all ride. Even the older teens and young 20s had a lot of fun and enjoyed the day.
There was not a huge crowd and we rarely had to wait at all for the rides. It allowed us to have a very leisurely day of riding, relaxing and talking. We didn't feel the urgency of a place like Kings Island where you have to run from ride to ride to allow time to wait for hours and get your riding in.
My highest praise goes to Coney Island for their training/hiring of employees. This was one of the nicest group of young employees I have seen at an amusement park. They were very helpful, patient and extremely courteous and friendly. They went out of their way to talk to you as you left the rides. They were not just putting in their time and going through the motions.
A very good deal for the money and I would definitely go back again.

Cumberland, Indiana
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“July 3 Fireworks too crowded for us :(”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked a room out of state to go to the Balloon Glow/Fireworks at Coney Island, but we found that we weren't really able to check out the place much because there were just too many people.Traffic there was rough, for an 18min googlemaps drive on I275, it took us over an hour. When we got there it was like a carnival full of drunk people, sloppy people, slow people,rude people, everywhere, lucky to have a cubic sq foot to stand in, no ones fault, just is what it is, if there was about 1/4 the crowd, this may have been kinda fun, but it was just hard to enjoy even though we'd already attempted to be mentally prepared for crowds-I am glad for Coney Island though b/c this is probably a good business revenue night to keep their legacy alive, and I really am glad for them on that. The balloons were neat, fireworks decent, and ride lines far too long for our eager kids to ride. The play equipment that would have been crowded for 8 kids, had over 50 kids climbing all over it and they ranged from 20lbs to 200lbs-scaryish. We went to the parking lot to watch the fireworks and left just short of the finale in fear of a long drive back to west chester, but it was fine. Kinda shocked at the crazy turnout of carson the roads parked all over the place for the fireworks. I don't feel like I can give a fair review of Coney Island other than this event because the crowds were just overwhelming, and I'm bummed Im not raving about it like I had expected to feel about the event. I apologized for the trip being a bust to my husband, they usually aren't, but this one was, bummer.

Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“We are members”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great place to take the family or gandkids. Great pool area with water slides. Also the rides are very nice fro smaller kids and are not too pricey. Great tradition there also.

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Brings you back to the days when carnival rides were worth the money and family fun was a priority!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Coney Island is a fun, beautiful, historic theme park. It takes you back to the times when carnival rides were a decent value and family fun, not making money was a parks priority. Though the park was small, and mostly kid-oriented, I had a great time! For me, it was very nostalgic, a classic ferris wheel, the Python coaster, tilt a whirl, all things I grew up with. My boyfriend laughed at me because I was the oldest person riding the rides with no kids, but then, I had the chance to laugh at him in the arcade where almost everything was only 1 token and you got 5 tokens for $1. The games were fun, and the funnel cakes were nicely priced. I thought the paddleboats and canoes added a nice experience to the park. The history behind the park was another thing that impressed me. Though the world has changed, the park really has not. It gave me a warm, happy feeling, and created some awesome, silly, fun memories for our trip!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank bablock
Cincinnati, Ohio
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Old school fun”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is an old school amusement park resembling the coney island of fame. There is a huge water park there as well. Nice scenery along the ohio river. Cost is a little high as it compares to the regular modern amusement parks.

Visited May 2013