“Cool place, great ambiance!”
Review of Bakersfield OTR

Bakersfield OTR
Ranked #19 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cool place, great ambiance!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Superb queso, chunky, fresh guacamole! Get here early because this place fills up quickly and is a small, quaint restaurant, business lunch crowd fills it up quickly! Food is freshly prepared and delicious, menu is simple but authentic! Tacos look small but are extremely filling and made with fresh ingredients. I love to see the OTR neighborhood getting a new start and restaurants like this will make it a success!

• Visited May 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great Mexican Cantina”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a great Sunday brunch here with the family. Service was super-friendly and the food was really excellent. The house-made guacamole and chips was outstanding. We also at a big selection of tacos, all of which were yummy, particularly the short-rib taco.

Very moderately priced, and enjoyable!

Visited April 2013
Ontario Canada
“Perfect!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just popped in here by chance today while visiting my son who goes to Xavier u here. We love Mexican and this place is great. It was really busy and we waited for a table. The guacamole is so good big chunks freshly made as are the chips and salsa . Fish tacos great flavor done perfectly.. The salad are big margaritas are great too. Service also very good hoping too come here for lunch on grad day.no reservations so you may have to wait if you are looking for quiet romantic this isn't it noisy busy and fun this is it!

• Visited April 2013
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“Great tacos!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had heard my friends talk about Bakersfield before but I had never been and I'm glad that I finally made the trip to go. The food is excellent! I was worried at first when I saw how small the tacos were that I would need more to eat but they filled you up quickly yet I still wanted more because it was so good. We also got the queso before our tacos came out and it was definitely very good as well. The service was great considering how busy it was, we rarely waited for a refill and didn't wait long at all for our food.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“One thing keeping this restaurant from an excellent rating”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

And that's the pineapple on the Al Pastor taco. It didn't work with the other flavors in the taco - I gave it a shot, figuring that I would rest my trust in the chef - and was underwhelmed. To work well for me, you'd have to up the volume of spice in the pork, or use less sweet pineapple.

However, the Guac was quite good. Well spiced, generous portions of creamy avocado chunks. The tortilla chips were crisp and fresh, perfectly salted.

And the Mahi taco was amazing. Crispy fish, and I could eat a pound of the slaw by itself. These flavors, unlike the ones in the Pastor, worked perfectly.

Service was functional, and our drinks were kept filled.

I didn't imbibe, but their selection of tequilas was amazing.

• Visited March 2013