“Great Veg option in Cincinnati”
Review of Green Dog Cafe

Green Dog Cafe
Ranked #163 of 2,061 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We ate lunch there after seeing recommendations on this site. We were looking for non-spiced vegetarian/vegan options and this nicely fit the bill. My salad was fresh and tasty, and I ended up finishing my husband's vegan soup, a slightly spicy maple/squash puree. The service is cafeteria style and you wait for your meal at the table. It's a younger upscale crowd in the midst of fitness centers and what looked to be a neighborhood in revival near the Ohio River. We would return if we revisit Cincinnati.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

casual, delicious, healthy, and friendly - always a reliable option to come here especially for brunch (yes they serve bloody mary on sundays). totally hipster vibe, but affordable and non-pretentious. you won't go wrong

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We met our daughter and grand kids there for lunch. I got a BLT wrap; it was filled with lots of good bacon and chicken with greens. Sooo yummy! My husband got a lemon zephyr pancake (I think that is what it was called). It was loaded with fresh fruit, ie; strawberries!
He loved it. If we are ever in Cincinnati again, we will definitely go there.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Chiwahwa bowl is our favorite. Large portions, fresh, local and organic ingredients. Tortilla chips are homemade.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Highlights:

The ingredients are great. They make their bread in house, they also use local/organic from what I can tell.

Their fries with the curry dipping sauce are pretty amazing.

The portions are pretty large. They are also great at dealing with allergies, vegans, picky eaters etc.

BUT I don't want to pay $13 for a turkey burger...and $11 for veggie curry with brown rice is a bit steep. Especially when it's just the curry isn't any better than what I can make at home.

Jeni's ice cream is amazing too, but at $5 (!) a scoop, I just don't see myself ordering it!

I know people who LOVE this place. They come here every time they're back home to visit. BUT, I just don't get it. I feel like I can make most of the stuff here for a quarter of the price at home (with the exception of the fries.)