“Great riverfront location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moerlein Lager House

Moerlein Lager House
Reserve with OpenTable
Moerlein Lager House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mehring Way
Description: The heritage of Cincinnati's storied brewing history comes alive along the banks of the Ohio River at this world-class restaurant and brewery. Prominently situated in the dynamic Smale Riverfront Park, the Moerlein Lager House offers a guest experience unlike any other—a working microbrewery producing a full line of Moerlein craft brews, and delectable fare featuring grain spent breads, hand-carved sandwiches, and smoked rotisserie meats… foods reminiscent of those served in the city’s celebrated 19th century beer gardens.
Wentzville, Missouri
“Great riverfront location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

First let me talk about location. This place sits directly across street from Reds stadium and on an adjacent street directly across from a new riverside park and the Ohio River. It's location is simply wonderful. Husband and I were in town visiting relatives from Mason, Oh and came down to "The Banks" entertainment and restaurant area. We walked along the riverfront for a while and then to this restaurant and bar for dinner. Our waitress was so pleasant and could not have been more attentive. This place is actually a brew house with many types of beers. We ordered flat bread pizza, wedge salad and both were great. Other member of party ordered a spicy soup and a flatbread pizza also. Everything was delicious. Our table was next to the window that looked directly out to the river. Cincinnati has a very pretty riverfront and has turned it all into quite a nice tourist attraction. We are from the St Louis area and we wish our riverfront was as nice. We have the Arch but that is about all. We would definitely go back to this restaurant/lager house if we were in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Pretty good place quiet place for drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I like the upper level area bar. Just nice for a quiet place to drink some interesting beers. Will try food next time.

North Jackson, Ohio
“Great Food, Great Beer, Great Views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Loved it. Tried just a few of the 20+ house brews, I'll definitely be returning! Recommend beer specials and dinner while the sun sets from the Riverside deck!

Visited August 2014
Cortland, New York
“Ate here before the Reds game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Right across the street from the stadium so the location was perfect and I loved the food and beer also. My view was of the river and the historic bridge. Was able to eat on the lawn next to the restaurant so it was all perfect. Had the beer they brew and also loved that!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Very impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I made the trek to Moerlein's during a week-long business trip. One of our associates had recommended it beforehand when he found out we were visiting Cincinnati. I was very hesitant when I found out it was a Cincinnati Reds game day and that Moerlein's is right across the street from Great American Ballpark (the baseball stadium) since I didn't feel like standing in a packed place watching a game I had no interest in.

We arrived shortly after game time and although it was still busy, there was plenty of seating. We chose to sit at the bar and had some very good local brews. My wife, who has never found a local brew she likes, actually commented on how good her beer was. Our bartender was sharp and definitely on the ball. All we had to do was say what we were looking for (my wife wanted something like a Miller Lite and on this day I wanted something resembling an amber ale) and he immediately gave us recommendations. Again, neither brew disappointed. He also knew the menu like a seasoned waiter, which shows that this place actually cares about quality and customer service.

As to the food, we ordered right at the bar (which had the full menu). My wife had the NY strip with brussels sprouts and garlic mash while I tried the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes. Both were delicious, perfectly cooked (my wife is very picky when ordering steaks and this one was spot on), and the portions were actually big enough that my wife and I ended up mostly sharing my dish and taking at least half of hers with us.

We've been to many, many restaurants in our travels- from the corner mom-and-pop place with $2 burgers to places where entrees easily top the $50 mark. For the great service and food prices ( around $17-$28 per entree) Moerlein Lager House is is definitely worth checking out.

1 Thank Hang L