“Great beer, even better food and service”

Moerlein Lager House
Reserve with OpenTable
Moerlein Lager House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,028 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mehring Way
Description: The heritage of Cincinnati's storied brewing history comes alive along the banks of the Ohio River at this world-class restaurant and brewery. Prominently situated in the dynamic Smale Riverfront Park, the Moerlein Lager House offers a guest experience unlike any other—a working microbrewery producing a full line of Moerlein craft brews, and delectable fare featuring grain spent breads, hand-carved sandwiches, and smoked rotisserie meats… foods reminiscent of those served in the city’s celebrated 19th century beer gardens.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went here on a Saturday night and had reservations. Thank goodness! Food was excellent. Our server made the night. He was full of helpful suggestions and even told us that if we ordered meatloaf he'd tell us it was out. He said there are far better items on the menu to order. I'd have to agree.

The view was beautiful and this has quickly become one of my favorite places to eat while visiting Cincinnati.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went with our friends for the first time after hearing good things about it. We had a ressie on a Saturday, early evening, and we were seated almost immediately upon checking in. The server came right over (can't remember his name) gave some of his suggestions for apps, main entree' and dessert. We considered a couple of his suggestions and he was right on! We all enjoyed everything we ordered! I suggest the pretzel app - it was amazing and we wanted more! Not your typical twisty soft pretzel, no, it was so much more! The pork shank was unbelievable and so tender! We had the apple bread pudding dessert and it did not disappoint! We do not drink alcohol so cannot comment on the beer. The only other comment is that is was very loud and we saw many families there so don't hesitate to take the kids. We cannot wait to go back! I would suggest reservations.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience. We sat on the second floor at a table over looking the river which was beautiful and romantic. We had fried pickles appetizer, filet medallions, and some grilled chicken dish. All the food was cooked to perfection and tasted great. We definitely would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant has a beautiful view...but so do many other places that may be more enjoyable. We were there on a busy Saturday night with a group of 12. My husband checked out the beer list, asked for one. Waitress came back and said they were out of it. Okay, how about this one. Out of it. Throughout the night, my husband asked for SIX beers that they were out of. One of one is brewed there! How can a brewery be out of so many beers????? I loved my Hefeweisen. Food was okay. My hubby kind of enjoyed his Moer burger. Fries were limp. I had the fish tacos that had no taco taste to it. Guac was good. I never received my sweet potato chips that were forgotten, asked for, and then forgotten again. A friend had the chicken carbonara (sp?). It was really blue cheesy, so if you like that, you'll love it. I'd probably give the restaurant one more shot. But a beer menu that is so far off? I don't know if I could get my husband to go again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went here after rollerblading around downtown with my family, Husband and 2 little boys. We sat upstairs on the deck and had a great view. The food was great and the beer, fantastic. I will go back.