“Great building”

Moerlein Lager House
Reserve with OpenTable
Moerlein Lager House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mehring Way
Description: The heritage of Cincinnati's storied brewing history comes alive along the banks of the Ohio River at this world-class restaurant and brewery. Prominently situated in the dynamic Smale Riverfront Park, the Moerlein Lager House offers a guest experience unlike any other—a working microbrewery producing a full line of Moerlein craft brews, and delectable fare featuring grain spent breads, hand-carved sandwiches, and smoked rotisserie meats… foods reminiscent of those served in the city’s celebrated 19th century beer gardens.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food here was superb on the day I went. Excellent drink selection too. I had a quality cider, which quenched my thirst after another murderously hot day.
The wait staff was friendly and helpful, and service was quick and efficient. A view of the Ohio River and Roebling Bridge is to be had from the huge plate glass windows. There is also a table-filled balcony, if alfresco dining should take your fancy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

My first trip to the Moerlein Lager House. Went with guys - family/friends - the night of the UC-XU Crosstown Classic basketball game which was played "next door", so we were zapped with $20 parking, totally a rip-off. But that's another story.

The beer selection is awesome, with nine craft beers from which to choose. Too many for one safe evening! Gotta go back!

We were there for at dinner time, but with no wives there to keep control, were able to attack the junque food, The appetizer list has buffalo wings, calamari, crab cakes, cheesy-fries and more; and something called the Meat & Cheese Boards. We were easily able to make dinner-for-four from this part of the menu. And was it good! All of it! Every bit of it! The calamari was not the huge portion of heavily-breaded deep-fried style everyone else has for calamari. Light, with an aoli sauce and delish! The crab cake was all? mostly all? crab. The meats and cheeses - and goetta - were very, very tasty too.

Next time - we'll have to grow up and get into the actual dinner menu, and I expect there will be taste treats waiting for our return.

Service was excellent, especially considering the huge basketball crowd. Our beer orders were refreshed in good time, and the junque food was delivered promptly and hot/cold as was proper. Noise level was rather high, and I suspect would be on the high side even with a lesser crowd. But - we'll find out another day.

It all ties together with a beautiful view of Cincinnati's new riverfront area, which increased in charm as a short December day turned into evening.....and I know why many people are moving back into the city.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Have been remiss for not providing this earlier. My daughter and I went here after a Reds game. Hostess; Service; Food & Beverage were very good. Wide variety on the menu; something for everyone.
Highly recommend this spot when you are downtown; after a game; or just milling around town.
This is the type of spot that was lacking for many years on the Riverfront between the stadiums; personally I am glad to see it has arrived. Patronize this establishment, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Last night 6 of us went to Moerlein's for the first time. When we walked in we were all impressed with the interior. It has the appearence of a Five Star restaurant. The decor is beautiful and the view is even better. Looking through very large windows you overlook the Ohio River and Great American Ball Park. This is a very large place with seating on multiple levels. The evening got off to a bad start when our server dumped a full glass of water on one of the women in our group. What was really disappointing was that nobody from the restaurant came to check on her or appoligize. She was fine, but, it seems that a manager should have addressed the situation. Once we recovered from the water, things got much better. The menu has a HUGH selection of beer and some great entrees. I had the BBQ pork and it was wonderful. My wife ordered Filet and she said it was very good but the sides she got with it were barley warm. All in all, this was a great experience and I hope to return soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a great brewery/restaurant right across the street from The Great American Ballpark. The food is pretty good. I recommend trying the meat/cheese board appetizer for some unique options. The real selling point for this place though is a beer selection that it absolutely stellar. Great mix of local/regional brews with some outstanding national and international labels mixed in as well. Something for everyone. Great views of the riverfront and bridges from the dining room!