“Interesting food”

Taste of Belgium - OTR
Ranked #3 of 50 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft (24) and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Tried this place for lunch on Memorial Day, man was it poppin'. There was an hour wait to be seated, so my friends and I decided to walk around downtown until then. Was well worth it. I ordered the Chicken N Waffles, a strange combination it seemed at first, but after I tried it I think I will be doing this at home!

Cincinnati, OH
“Who Knew?”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Who knew a chicken sandwich in a Belgian restaurant could be so good? We stopped in for lunch because we'd heard great things about Taste of Belgium. We'd had their waffles at a farmers' market, but couldn't quite figure how that would translate to a hamburger. We need not have been concerned. I had their chicken burger and frites which was excellent. The aioli sauce was just right. We sat inside because there was no room on the outside patio, but would like to try that the next time--and there will be a next time. Too many other things to try on the menu.

1 Thank strawberryroan
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food Amazing Service”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stopped in on Mother's Day and was seated in 15 mins. From start to finish the experience was great. The food was delicious, hot, and delivered to the table fairly quick. We were in and out in 1 hour. We sat indoors but they had an appealing outdoor patio. Staff was great. We had brunch and the menu was smaller but still had a good selection. The waffles were amazing. I enjoyed the Omelet of the day and also the chicken and waffles. The chicken was great and flavorful with the tabasco dipped breading they used. The nutella/banana waffles were great too. I will definitely be returning. Fairly priced at $40 for 3 entrees and a desert.

Cuyahoga Falls
“Words failed me!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Literally, my food was so good that I could not speak inbetween bites!! The machine gun sandwich robbed me of all my senses. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about the large selection of beer. I highly recommend the chimay beer and highly recommend this place!!!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This dining experience exceeded our expectations on every level. We were seated inside in front of the open doors, which provided a perfect evening breeze. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. He made wonderful recommendations for our dining and drinks. My husband tried three different Belgian Beers and I had the Boon Framboise (all on tap). We started with the pretzels and cheese dip (also made with the Boon Framboise). There was much more cheese than pretzels, so we saved it to dip our Belgian Frites ... yum. We split the Chicken & Waffles with a side of roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. We finished with a Rodenbach Flemish Sour and S'Mores Waffle. Every single thing we drank and ate was perfection. We would highly recommend this restaurant.