“Bonne Cuisine; Lackluster Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of Belgium - OTR

Taste of Belgium - OTR
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Belgium - OTR is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Belgian, European, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft (24) and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Bonne Cuisine; Lackluster Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The choice of menu items is very good and the preparation is very good as well. The escargots are well prepared and presented with a wonderful garlic butter sauce. The carbonnades are also melt-in-your-mouth in a deliciously rich sauce. Food service at the bar can use some help - while the bartender was conversant with the menu and pleasant, he was far more interested in serving drinks to single females in questionable dress as opposed to ensuring everyone was taken care of.

Visited March 2014

Cincinnati
“Brunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I recently went to Taste of Belgium for Sunday brunch. The wait was a bit long but we were able to grab a seat at the bar. We ordered the Goetta Hash with a fried egg on top and a Chicken Omelet and a waffle. Everything was amazing. You can get a pack of 3 waffles to go and eat later in the week.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Probably Better For Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I heard so many great and lovely things about TOB that I finally had a chance to try it myself.
A friend and I went there around 6:00 pm on a Thursday evening before a show. First off, let me say I really liked the atmosphere and the refurbished building. Original floors and ceilings.
Our server arrived and she recommended the chicken and waffles which looked good-on the menu-.so I ordered it. Coffee to drink. The food was brought out and I have to say the portion was a bit small for the price of $14. The waffle was really small and had a very tough consistency. The flavor was bland. The chicken was fried with hot sauce topping it. The dish is also served with a very small mixed greens salad on the plate as well. I liked the dressing on the salad. I believe it was a vinaigrette The portion did not fill me up for a dinner. Let's just say I was not all that impressed with this dish. The service was fine but nothing in the way of outstanding. I would be willing to comeback again and try something else. I think this place is probably better for brunch. .

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Great for breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our delicious waffle sandwiches while eating here for brunch during the holidays. I got the McWaffle. My husband and our other friend got the Brunch Burger. We also had Crepes and Mimosas. All in all, a wonderful dining experience in my opinion. Tummy very satisfied!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
“Fun with delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We often eat here after a show at the Ensemble theatre. The beer selection is great and each comes in its own particular glass. The food is heavy and rich. The atmosphere is lively but too noisy. The most popular dish is the chicken and waffles but the hamburgers are wonderful with the best fries in the city.

Visited November 2013