“Chicken & Waffles are yum”

Taste of Belgium - OTR
Ranked #3 of 55 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft (24) and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I enjoy chicken and waffles as a treat - and I especially liked these because they used a boneless chicken breast and it was covered in a nice layer of hot sauce - spicy! The staff was very friendly, and service was overall good. My husband had the "machine gun" sandwich - which was good but not great (too much bread for sure). Worth a visit.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The ale was really delicious, if a bit expensive ($9). The food was good, but nothing special. The service was chaotic and slow. I don't know if the furnace wasn't working, but the dining room was cold. Reservations not accepted, so arrive early.

1  Thank Vance W
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Taste of Belgium twice in the past year. Both times because I couldn't get into the Senate. I was not disappointed with either meal. The place has a formal feel but is really quite friendly. My nine-year-old daughter felt quite home there as well as my 82-year-old mother. Never had a problem getting a seat. The food is great as is the waitstaff. They're very helpful in guiding you through the menu and letting you know what is good. I highly recommend the chicken and waffles they are delectable. Also the snails are very good.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped here before the aquarium. Glad we did. Wait was about 20 mins. Food was excellent! Had the brunch burger! It was excellent! Not for the dieter! Haha, but hey it's a vacation. Service was excellent, and good prices. If you are looking for a good breakfast or brunch go here. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Less than attentive server. Had to flag down server for one refill of coffee....however the coffee was really good and steaming hot. Waffle was heavy. At first I thought it was raw, but then I actually started appreciating it for what it was..... sweet and hearty or perhaps heavy.."best with just butter, no need for syrup. My husband had the chicken and waffle. It was over coked and dry, not to mention under seasoned. I guess they do that because normally they poor syrup on top. He opted not to have it on top. I had an omelette with weird French fries.....this wast just OK. Bill was almost $50 but my husband DID have two bloody Marys.