“Fun, Funky Breakfast with a Friend”

Taste of Belgium - OTR
Ranked #3 of 50 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft (24) and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
Verona, Kentucky
“Fun, Funky Breakfast with a Friend”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

On a whim a girlfriend and I decided to stop in for Friday breakfast mid-morning. We got right in and sat down at a high top table with a window view. My friend enjoyed her fluffy waffle w/ fruit and bacon but I wasn't in the mood for anything sweet and I don't like meat. So...the vegetable crepe it was. YUM Totally hit the spot. Perfect combination of roasted vegetables, spinach, and GOAT CHEESE. The cheese made the sandwich...with the balsamic glaze. The crepe was some kind of whole wheat which was nice too. We salivated over all of the beautiful desserts in the case and going out the door for Findlay and other coffee shops in the area...but resisted. I'd go back to pick up some treats for a party...great presentation and variety. Check it out...you won't be sorry! Great character/atmosphere in the up and coming OTR!

• Visited May 2013

san clemente, ca
“Wonderful Brunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Sweet and savory, such a wonderful combination for the Chicken & Waffle. Seasoning and hot sauce on the chicken, paired with the Ohio maple syrup on the waffle make for a palette pleasing entree. We also had the vegetable crepe with balsamic vinegar (reduction) and goat cheese, which proved to be another sumptuous choice. We were there on a busy Saturday morning and had excellent service. The restaurant is a "must" if you are near downtown Cincinnati!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best new addition to Cincinnati's downtown”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Small, crowded, noisy, unforgettable, wonderful, and highly addictive.
This place is on a downtown corner that used to be a very shady neighborhood until a couple of years ago, but is now a terrific trendy location. Everyone seems to know about it, and they don't take reservations, so definitely be prepared for a wait. As much as that can be annoying, the wait is worth it, without a doubt.

A great selection of most of the classic Belgian beers, including a number of them on draft. The bartenders and servers are knowledgeable enough about their inventory that you can generally rely on their recommendations if you're not familiar with them.

I've been to Belgium many times, so I can vouch for the authenticity of the menu. Honestly, I have to say the mussels (moules) are among the best I have ever had! The carbonnade (beef stew) is also an absolute standout (even if a little over-salted). They have crammed the absolute maximum number of tables into this small space, and could probably do a little more to absorb some of the noise (it's VERY loud), but that's my only real complaint.

With a friendly, knowledgable, eager-to-please staff, a standout menu, and great Belgian beer, how could you possibly go wrong? Answer: you won't. Give this place a high ranking on your list of dining experiences when visiting Cincinnati.

“Just Delicious”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't wait for this restaurant to open up. The chicken and waffles are off the chain. Sweet and spicy at the same time. The cucumber salad Really sets this dish off. There are many outstanding items on the menu to chose from. The bakery case also has several very good items to pick. Call and check the hours, but easy to find.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great food in a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to lunch this week at Belgian Bistro and absolutely loved it! The staff is super friendly yet professional and the food was delicious. I had the waffle and chicken ($13) and it was really good- the sweet and spicy sauce on the chicken was a flavor explosion. I also enjoyed the house white wine ($6). There is a full bar as well. The place was bustling on a Tuesday afternoon and I can see why! I would definitely eat there again.

1 Thank RoadtriptheWorld
Jean-Francois F, Owner at Taste of Belgium - OTR, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed our Bistro.

best regards,