“Not just a bakery” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taste of Belgium - OTR

Taste of Belgium - OTR
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Belgium - OTR is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,878 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taste of Belgium serves Belgian food with a twist. If it's not Belgian, we "Belgianize" it. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and one-of-a-kind weekend brunch. We have a full bar and a wide selection of Belgian beers on draft and in bottle. And we serve the absolute best waffles.
louisville, ky USA
“Not just a bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great little drop-in spot with super wait staff, great food choices and prices in trendy over-the-rhine hood. i wish i had taken some baked goods back to the hotel for morning coffee.

Visited January 2013

cvg
“Just like in Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I liked the authentcity. There are Belgian Waffles with little beads of crystallized beet sugar buried inside, more Belgian beers and ales than you could shake a stick at, In Europe when it gets warm they open up the outdoor seating. A few days ago it hit 70 degrees F (IN JANUARY) and out came the tables and umbrellas....so unlike the usual behavior in the U.S. There was nothing I disliked.

Visited January 2013
“Great Waffles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The waffles are the star of this restaurant, and deservedly so. They are excellent and unique, and worth the trip. They also serve a variety of special beers, so there's an active beer scene as well. My only gripe about the food is that things often aren't super hot. I have some sympathy for this, as items like waffles and crepes are hard to keep hot for very long, but I wish they had runners or some way to get food out to people immediately. A solution for this is to get the waffles to go, which they will happily sell you, and heat them at home. This is VERY popular with our kids!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Travelpro513
Cincinnati, Ohio
“First Choice Locally for Family Celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We first selected this restaurant because of our fond memories of a trip to Belgium where we enjoyed great food and Belgium Beers. This establishment has a good selection on tap which I prefer, Since are first visit fond memories are not the only reason to visit but making new family memories while enjoying the fabulous foods. Each time we visit it is difficult to select the meal because we enjoy most of the items on the menu. Particular favorites are Fondu Parmesan (Belgian cheese croquettes),Brussels sprouts (garlic, onions, bacon) to start , Waffle n’chicken (local chicken, Ohio maple syrup, hot sauce, salad),Carbonnades à l’OTR (six hours beer-braised Belgian beef stew) or Moules-Frites (2lbs of mussels and fries) for the main course, and for dessert a Waffle & fruit or Belgian chocolate mousse. We have not been disappointed yet. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable. We love the building it is in and the art on the walls. The tables are well situated to by windows. Taste Of Belgium is located in an area of the city , Over the Rhine , that experiencing a welcomed renewal.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you haven't been go NOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I first discovered their fantasic waffles years ago at the Bridalrama Bridal Show in Downtown. Since then I have visited their booth inside Findlay Market numerous times and the food has always been exquisite. I recently dined at the actual restaurant for the first time and was impressed by the decor an atmosphere. I ordered the waffles & chicken. The combonation of the sweet, buttery waffle with the savory chicken is to die for (Entree also comes with a side salad, which was also fantastic). Although I was very full, you can't come here and pass up dessert. Along with the dessert menu, they have a large selection of treats in the bakery case. My friends and I decided to share a fruit & cream waffle (see photo). Soo good. I would eat here everyday if I could!