Eli's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Eli's BBQ is just a hole in the wall with lines going out the door and around the corner!. Tents in the adjoining lots have picnic tables and were all full. This is at 5:00 on a Sat. night.

The food is home cooked, smoked and wonderfully Cincinnati. It really doesn't get much better if you like this type of food. You can even take it out and home or have it catered.

Eli's is located just north of the city of Cincinnati on what use to be Eastern Ave. and now is Riverside drive. (Why the name change I will never figure it out. As a life long resident of the area I still think of it as Eastern Ave.) This is a flood prone area, so if you are visiting at that time of year its best to call ahead.

Eli's can't be beat for BBQ!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

In line 45 minutes, no complaining. We ordered bones and tips, they said an hour and fifteen before food comes out. No complaints. We sat outside under a tent and waited. It was crowded and everyone was happy. This is a bring your own booze place with a barefoot and blankets only lawn area and a small attached park. They called our name five minutes before the time allotment. We were starved! Eight bones and ten tips. Two sides and slaw. $32. It looked perfect, great color and perfect char / bark. Pleanty of homemade sauce (gravy) waiting at self serve. We've eaten ribs and BBQ all over the county and never expected the 'best in the world' experience in Cincinnati! The rub, sauce and slow cooking met out wildest expectations. The sauce choices? One! It's as perfect as the ribs. A stunning experience with leftovers for another meal.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

A group of us went to Eli's BBQ last night - the food was delicious! It was as good as the best Kansas City BBQ that we've had. I loved the record player inside, the atmosphere and even the line was fun! BYOB makes it even better. It was like a family reunion - everyone sitting outside at picnic tables at the restaurant and the park across the alley. Kids, adults, coolers, music. Definitely going back and honestly, we didn't mind the wait because it was worth it! Recommend pulled pork sandwich, bones, mac & cheese, beans, slaw, jalapeno corn bread - all delicious! Enough to share with friends :)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was in KY/OH/IN this past week and thought I would try out this quirky place. Very good food, but the wait is rather long. I liked the family picnic atmosphere and the BYOB. The Dojo Gelato truck was a nice finish. I had the ribs: very good, Pulled Pork: also very good (on par with the Amish market in my area), but I didn't care for the cornbread, but the slaw was decent.

Honestly, I've had better ribs, but these were definitely up there as well as the pulled pork.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Among the best BBQ I've had in the city, but literally there are 2-3hr waits on most weekends here. I wouldn't say it's good enough to justify such a long wait, but go at the right time (mid afternoon week) and you'll be content.