WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Eli's BBQ

Eli's BBQ
Ranked #8 of 1,914 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
lexington ky
“Best BBQ ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I lived in Memphis, TN for 6 years and did not think anyplace could be as good as there but Eli's BBQ is the best I have ever eaten. Pulled pork sandwich, side of mac n cheese & jalapeno corn bread. Awesome! My husband & daughter had ribs. They were also great. Mashed potatoes, jalapeno cheddar grits & coleslaw. I don't like grits but tasted them. I probably could have eaten the entire side.

Sandwiches are $5. Sandwiches with 2 sides are $8. Ribs are $10 for 4, $15 for 6. Menu is pulled pork, smoked turkey, hot dogs & ribs. Sides are mac n cheese, mashed potatoes baked beean cole slaw jalapeno cheddar grits, jalapeno corn bread. Order inside, eat outside on picnic tables. Can bring your own beverage including beer & wine.

Cannot wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love the BBQ, not a fan of the sides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

get there early for lunch if you want a seat inside. friendly staff and VERY good sandwiches. 3 of us had the pulled pork and 3 had the smoked turkey & everyone loved theirs. couple tried the mac n cheese and it was pretty plain. The mashed potatoes were just ok...wouldn't order those again. Parking can be tricky but worth it!

• Visited August 2013
West Chester, OH
“a BBQ gem of an experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went to Eli's on a recommendation for a great bbq place and knew that it was byob, but was not convinced this would be the norm...well...it is... this place is like showing up at a family reunion:) It was a Saturday evening so we did have to wait in line to place our order and wait again 45min for our food...but with your favorite bottle, this is quite an enjoyable wait as there was live music playing and friendly people to squeeze in next to in the large, tented area of picnic tables. We're not big kid fans, but enjoyed the little ones dancing and seeing families sprawling blankets on the lawns picnic style to enjoy the beautiful evening. We ordered pulled pork sandwich and ribs with cornbread and grits....added some extra sauce to our basket and dived in! Everything was delicious!

Northern New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's the hype about!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading all of the great reviews online we went to Eli's for what I thought would be some great down home barbecue. But that's not what we got. First of all there is only one meat option for those that don't eat pork-turkey on a bun. My boyfriend did not like the turkey at all. I had pulled pork on a bun and coleslaw. The coleslaw had way too much vinegar. The pulled pork tasted charred and wasn't moist and very tender like I like it. Also it needed more barbecue sauce. On a positive note the food is very inexpensive, the seating area under a tent with picnic tables reminded me of childhood family barbecues and loved that the coca cola came in classic bottles. Definately would not return when in the Cincinnati area. The barbecue is just not good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sw72769
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, longggggggg wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to Eli's with friends on a weeknight (Tues) about 7:30 pm. I know the place is popular and the food great, but to have to wait 45 mins was a bit extreme. And that's how long we had to wait. BBQ can be planned ahead for, so I really have no idea why things took so long (making the sides?). It seemed poor planning and organization to me. Still it was a nice night, and the pulled pork sandwich was outstanding. Maybe not the best I have had, but pretty darn good. I also had burnt ends (good), jalapeno cornbread (ok, nothing special). My friends had the baked beans (very good) and grits (didn't try them or mac and cheese). Sides are pretty small. Also the bbq sauce is only set at the servers table (it was a nice day so people were all outside), but we were seated far away and this was less than convenient, esp. as the servers would not give us something to pour some sauce into. Please. The whole experience seemed like people who run the place have the food side down, but have no real idea how to run the customer service part. Unfortunate, b/c this place could probably do even more business were it better run.

• 2 of 5 bubbles