“Oh My!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,878 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, MA
“Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've eaten barbeque all over the country and really appreciate the good stuff. Man oh man, this is the real deal and in a perfect setting. The pulled pork sandwich is the featured item, and it is one of the best I've had anywhere. Rib ends were superb. I'm not much of a sides guy, but my mouth is watering remembering the beans, jalapeño cheese grits, and slaw. Wow! Can't wait for my next visit. Very friendly service with reasonable prices.

• Korean first
Cold Spring, Kentucky
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I quite like pulled pork sandwiches and BBQ sauce, they are two of my favorite things and up until about a month ago, I had no idea that Eli's even existed but since my first time there, it's all I can think about. The food is absolutely perfect, tastes amazing, the sides are to die for, the price is reasonable and the atmosphere is very relaxed and casual. I love that you can bring your own beer in! I would definitely continue to come here, if I had it my way, I'd be back at least once a week. It's just THAT good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have returned to Eli's several times since my initial review (9/16/12). Some restaurants, while excellent in the beginning, deteriorate rapidly. Eli's has not. Their barbecue is still the best.

Physically, the restaurant is the same but outdoor seating has been added. There is a tent, a picnic area and outdoor tables. There were many diners and the atmosphere was festive. A great place to eat.

Indiana
“Close to Great American ballpark, yummy food and fun atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Very yummy! The neighborhood looks a bit dodgy...but it is wonderful. Has a real record player, (good to show the kids, as they have no clue what that is). The pulled pork is wonderful and the jalapeño cornbread earned 5 stars at our table! If you are in Cincinnati, give this place a try!

• 4 of 5 stars
Naperville, Illinois
“Fun, unique stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great ribs in a small, neighborhood shack! Really not much more than a storefront restaurant. They have a stack of LPs out (vinyl albums) for the customers to choose their own music (you pick your record then put in on the record player!). The staff was welcoming and helpful. The food is affordable, hot and fast. The BBQ sauce is on your table, so you can add as much or as little as you want (I really liked the rub on the ribs so I didn't use much sauce). Excellent pulled pork sandwiches too. Cash or check only as it is a small, family operation. You park on gravel in the yard. Large tent in the back yard for summer seating. VERY casual. Worth going out of your way for the experience!

Visited April 2013