“The best BBQ I have ever had!!”
Review of Eli's BBQ

Eli's BBQ
Ranked #19 of 2,061 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant for the first time last week and had trouble even finding it. I couldn't find any sign saying Eli's but I did find a picture of a pig outside the building! Woo Hoo I found it!!

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with the two sides, baked beans and cole slaw. It came to $9.00 with the Diet coke I added. The pulled pork was the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had!! It came with a blackened bun that tasted great!! The baked beans were awesome and the cole slaw was great.

Highly recommend!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Absolutely wonderful BBQ!!! The best BBQ in Cincinnati! The grits are awesome. Baked beans too. Always get the sides Dirty (krispy pork trimmings) The Turkey is the best around. Its local grown too at Tewes Poultry. If I go over the river, its the first place I stop. Just addicted!!! Ithink I will go there today for lunch. Check in with them for local music sparadically throughout the year. Only the best acts!!!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Visited for a late lunch in February. Wife had the deep fried hotdogs & raved about how good they were.. I don't eat hotdogs so I have no opinion on them. I had the rids and they were good.Very tender with a dry rub seasoning. I'm more of a hot / tangy liquid sauce kinda guy, but they were good. The place is very small, but that's part of it's charm. Go Check it out for yourself.

2  Thank Loves-to-travel1966
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After driving past it twice - there's very little signage, so look for the pig in the window - we found Eli's, sort of a barbecue pit meets 60s70s flashback (with music picked by the diners ranging from Bob Dylan to the Allman Brothers). When you enter, there'll probably be a short line - there was for the entire lunch hour we were there. There's not really an official menu, you just order at the counter off the chalkboard.

Reviewing only the things we ordered:
(1) the ribs were really good and had a great flavor, a dry rub that reminded us of Rendezvous in Memphis. We ordered "six bones" but when our order arrived, there were at least eight full-sized ribs.
(2) the jalapeño cheese grits were really delicious, probably the best part of the meal to me, though I'll admit I anticipated more "heat." Still, really really good.
(3) my wife liked the mac-and-cheese even better than the grits. This side was tasty and really hit the spot on a cold February afternoon.

Speaking of cold, you should know that seating in the restaurant is somewhat limited, but there is plenty of seating outside in/under the tent. If the temperature outside is comfortable, the tent is a great option.

Helpful Hints:
(1) arrive early if you're in a huge rush. This is a popular place with good food, but the wait will be worth it.
(2) get several sides to share. They're big enough for two.
(3) don't forget: as you look for Eli's storefront, forget signage -- look for the pig.

3  Thank BamaRedRaider
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband said he wanted to take me somewhere different one day at lunch. Well he had read about Eli's BBQ on trip advisor and boy was I surprised, their pulled pork sandwich was really good, even the bun was tasty, I really loved their cole slaw, husband loved the grits. Their bbq beans were so different and good. Portions are large for what you are paying.

1  Thank wellsms