WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“It was below our hotel room and above our budget, BUT WORTH IT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmy Gs

Jimmy Gs
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy Gs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,914 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 4th St. and 5th St.
Description: We dry age our prime and choice steaks in house and they are prepared on a wood grill using a mix of select hardwoods. We have an equal number of fish and steak offerings. Our wine selection has offerings from around the world. We have a rotating offering of local craft draft beers. Jimmy G's is a fun place to meet, eat & drink. We are in downtown Cincinnati, next to the Convention Center & Hyatt, Hilton, and Millennium Hotels.
Dayton, Ohio
“It was below our hotel room and above our budget, BUT WORTH IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We shared the Schmaltz, seafood and steak, and really enjoyed the creme brulee'! We ordered a half-bottle of wine, but recieved a full bottle since our dinner took longer than expcted--we didn't think so. Had a wonderful time, got great service and great food!

Visited September 2012

Akron, Ohio, United States
“Is "upscale steakhouse" an oxymoron?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Loved the atmosphere with all the black granite and the sharp waitstaff but the real star is the food; that's what we're really there for. Had the best yellowfin tuna I've ever eaten in my life.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“Great unique twists on standard food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff were fantastic- the GM came over multiple times to check on service and food. We ordered an octopus dish, a lamb dish, and a filet mignon with sides of couscous and scalloped potatoes. The octapus was surprisingly delicious and buttery! The lamb dish was perfectly cooked- falling off the bone. The filet was well seasoned and cooked well, though it wasn't my favorite as i don't personally enjoy the wood fire grill char on a filet, but it was cooked to the right temp. Sides were great- couscous was a Mediterranean preparation and served cold with an explosion of flavors and textures. The Potatoes were decadent, rich and creamy the price was to be expected for a high end restaurant. Our only issue was that even though we were seated at 5p and the majority of the restaurant was empty, we could hear plain conversation by the wait staff at the bar and in the hallway about unsavory gossip, which isn't what we would have expected. I would imagine at a busier hour that those conversations probably wouldn't occur (i would hope). But the waiter Nicholas was excellent- had great recommendations and great attention to our table- very friendly gentleman. GM JD was the same. All in all my wife were impressed beyond our expectations, and would definitely visit again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A meal fit for a king.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

OUTSTANDING place to eat. Our waiter, Alberto, was charming and on the spot at all times. Our food was exceptional. I had thier 28oz. 40 day aged T-Bone and it was magical. The asparagus spears I had with was better than any I've ever had. Creme brulee and chocolate mousse desserts were without par.

Easily the best meal of my life.

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jimmy Gs Best Steak in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the first time I have every gone out of my way to post a review and I have no plans to do so in the future. This should explain the night we had at Jimmy Gs. Everything was excellent from start to finish. Staff Great! Jimmy Great! Apps, salads, Steaks even Better! I have been all over Cincinnati to just about all restaurants (All of Ruby’s). Mr. Ruby lost out when Jimmy moved on to open a new place. I did not know he came from Ruby’s organization until my wife told me who he was and we have watched him on the Food Network. Don’t miss out. Louie in Cincinnati.

1 Thank LouieLouis