“Always done right!!”

City Barbeque
Ranked #52 of 2,013 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have eaten BBQ all over the US, including many, many restaurants in TX and City BBQ comes closest to always delivering a great product (without going to TX). Their ribs, pulled pork, sausage & brisket are all consistently good. A dinner with sides & a drink can get a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. I love the corn pudding and their cole slaw has a good vinegar base. Someone else mentioned dried out meat - ask for another piece!! We always buy their gift cards when Kroger has 4 for 1 gas points, and get double pleasure.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you like brisket, you'll love this one. Had the Texas toast with it and the hot sauce, dribbled all over it.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I recently dined at City Barbeque in Blue Ash, OH and chose the North Carolina pulled pork sandwich. Oh my goodness...it was incredibly delicious! The serving size was enormous and the cole slaw and vinegar dressing were a perfect compliment to the savory and tender pork. I was also impressed with the young lady who took our order. We had never been there before, and she took the time to explain the menu to us, along with describing the different menu items and was very nice and patient while we decided what we wanted to order. The condiment bar, complete with tasty dill pickles and a variety of sauces was a plus and the french fries we ordered with our sandwiches were delicious! I will definitely return when I am in the area again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have tried being patient with City BBQ; I have now been there about three or four times. Believe it or not the time before this on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 they were out of ribs!! At any rate every time I eat here all the meat has dried out. This time I had the sampler plate. The sausage, turkey, and pulled pork were ALL too dry. The trick to good BBQ is to cook and serve it relatively quickly; if you just let it sit there in a warmer the meat gets all dried out (now if you let it sit wrapped in aluminum foil THAT is a different story, the meat stays warm and retains its moisture). Moreover the rub on the ribs is average at best. The sides are OK but nothing great. I suggest that the ownership go to Macs Speed Shop in Charlotte NC to see what GOOD barbecue is.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have eaten BBQ at restaurants in NC, OK and TX but have to say that City BBQ is right up there! We stopped for a quick lunch and had brisket and smoked sausages. What impressed me were the sides - crisp coleslaw (nice to get oil and vinegar), mac 'n cheese (that was cheesy and not pasty) and crisp on the outside hush puppies. Next time we are back in the area we will definitely order ribs and treat our family.