City Barbeque
Ranked #54 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The idea for City Barbeque was born as an invitation to all the people in the city to enjoy great barbeque- America's food. Our award-winning barbeque is made with only the highest quality meats and served with our signature sauces on the side. Huge smokers are loaded daily to guarantee the very best hickory smoked, juicy, tender meat anywhere. So if an authentic barbeque experience is what you're after, look no further. Small groups of folks like us still believe in honoring quality, generations of tradition and true service. Whether you call it barbecue, Bar-B-Que, BBQ, or barbeque - we've got what you are looking for!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have tried being patient with City BBQ; I have now been there about three or four times. Believe it or not the time before this on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 they were out of ribs!! At any rate every time I eat here all the meat has dried out. This time I had the sampler plate. The sausage, turkey, and pulled pork were ALL too dry. The trick to good BBQ is to cook and serve it relatively quickly; if you just let it sit there in a warmer the meat gets all dried out (now if you let it sit wrapped in aluminum foil THAT is a different story, the meat stays warm and retains its moisture). Moreover the rub on the ribs is average at best. The sides are OK but nothing great. I suggest that the ownership go to Macs Speed Shop in Charlotte NC to see what GOOD barbecue is.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have eaten BBQ at restaurants in NC, OK and TX but have to say that City BBQ is right up there! We stopped for a quick lunch and had brisket and smoked sausages. What impressed me were the sides - crisp coleslaw (nice to get oil and vinegar), mac 'n cheese (that was cheesy and not pasty) and crisp on the outside hush puppies. Next time we are back in the area we will definitely order ribs and treat our family.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am a Southern BBQ snob and this was excellent! Our experience started with a very helpful server who helped us navigate the menu. We were even able to sample meats before ordered. We had the brisket and pulled chicken with a side of green beans like my grandma used to make and corn pudding. It cost us $31 for a family of four!
If you love smoked meat, you are going to love City!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Great BBQ for a mostly Ohio chain. Real smoked meat. The pulled pork is outstanding -- you can add as much sauce as you want. Likewise the nicely on-site smoked brisket. The ribs are fall off the bone tender -- not boiled frozen & reheated like the local (sic) competition. The meat is terrific, the sauces are OK but too sweet for my taste.

1  Thank Jabrd
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The best barbecue dining experience I have ever had. The food was fast and delicious. We try to include City Barbecue on every trip to Cincinnati. The quantity is amazing and the choices are to die for.

1  Thank kmaroon