“Over The Rhine Made New”
Review of Abigail Street

Abigail Street
Ranked #65 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Years since I've been to this town. There is a new vitality in Cincinnati. Abigail Street is a clear indication of better days are here. This is a small plates specialty restaurant offering a great selection of tapas size portions. There was a crowd on both nights
I ate here. It was so good I came back. They have some interesting wines at a fair price.$8 to $10 a glass.

There are newer reviews for Abigail Street

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This restaurant is in a block in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood where there are six restaurant/bars frequented primarily by young professionals but also by middle aged and older folks from around the city. The owners also own the bar next door, the Senate that has excellent upscale bar food. Lana, one of the owners, has a middle eastern background,and Abigail Street has quite a few mediterranean type dishes. Some of the excellent dishes feature lamb, beef, scallops, cod fish, and all kinds of unique salads. It is only open Wednesday through Saturday evenings and they do not take reservations. I suggest going early and preferably on Wednesday.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been to Abigail Street many times. It is excellent. The atmosphere is fun and a bit funky. The whole menu is built around small plates that are perfect for sharing. This allows you to get several items and try lots of different things. I've never been disappointed. The olives appetizer is fantastic and I always get it. Another great dish is the potatoes, which seem to complement just about anything else on the menu and are not too hard and not too soft ... just right! They have a fantastic sauce at the bottom, so make sure you use your spoon to get the full experience. I'm getting hungry again as I write this. Of all the restaurant options in this fun section of Vine Street, I would put Abigail Street at the top of the list.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's new and unique! The service was excellent! Our server Laura did a great job! The food was served tapa's style...so get several plates and share! The Olive dish was quite unique....large black and green meaty olives that are marinated in some fresh herbs and are quite good. The Chorizo stuffed dates were a unique pairing that worked! We also had the Octopus dish and the lamb special and both were excellent! The wine list was good but a little pricey. It would be good to offer a few more value buy wines and less of the mid-high priced wines. We did not try their signature box wines as the Red selections were limited or unavailable. Overall this was a great dining experience. I am certain that Abigail's will make it to the top 10 on TA for Cincinnati. If you would like something a little different....i highly suggest you try this place. It will not dissapoint!!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife was waiting to introduce me to this little foodie haunt in Over-the-Rhine. She hyped it up quite a bit and it was certainly valid. The food is excellent, as is the service and the wine list.

The food comes in "small" amounts - though small is relative. Most dishes are easily shared between two. We had five dishes (of which one was taken home) between the two of us. Truly excellent food (though the tuna tartare was a little too cold).

The wine list really stands out. It has a variety of offerings for all price points, including some excellent Hungarian options. They don't steer you towards the high priced wines, but listen to your preferences and pick out what they think you would enjoy. On all occasions my wife found new, interesting wines to try out (and then hunted down in the days thereafter for our cellar).

No reservations are taken, so go early (they open at 5 and fill up by 6). It can be a little loud, so be prepared.