“fun was enhanced by good wine and Bernice!”

Marty's Hops & Vines
Ranked #288 of 2,061 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a cousin's night out at Marty's Hop and Vines. Loved the intimate atmosphere as the restaurant which is filled with racks of wines. You shop through the racks to select your bottle for the evening. The food had very interesting twists to standard items. What really made the night great fun was the a staff member named Bernice. She is personable, knowledgeable and efficient. She helped us make various choices off the menu that were well appreciated. All in all it was a fun event.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My brother lives in the North College Hill area of Cincinnati and when I was looking for a place to get a good beer, he told me about Marty's Hops and Vines. This is not really a restaurant, but a beer and wine retailer with a great selection of craft beers. There is a bar with several first rate craft beer taps, and several tables, and occasionally tasteful live music. They also offer subs, salads and small pizzas, as well as munchies that mix well with wine and beer.

The bartender, owner and manager were all friendly and knowledgeable about gourmet beer. Other patrons were also friendly, sharing with me the bond of beersnobbery. I tried a Rivertown holiday ale that was delicious, and the Combination Plate (meat and cheese) which was good but not a lot of food for the price. While there I purchased some beer to take home, it was also excellent and not available where I live.

Prices are on the high side but I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there and will return when I am in Cincinnati again.

1  Thank OldSalt558
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friends have raved about this place for the last year .. even sent me text photos when they were there and I was not ... SOOOO I finally get there over Christmas Holiday and all I can say or think of is CHEERS!! If I was a local .. I would be here weekly at the very least!! Marty has a great selection of wine and beer. Im told his summer time margaritas are da'bomb! Unfortunatly they were not on the menu at Christmas time .. My friends suggestion of having them year round and being the one "cocktail" made as Marty's signature drink went over well with Marty .. so if you go suggest it again and again ... " A Martyrita" .. maybe Marty will take the hint and just do it!! Food is awesome - everything homemade .. pizza's ... salad dressings .. yummy!! I highly suggest a create your own pizza with a side of the house Italian dressing to dip your crust into as you sip your fav wine with friends!! Marty's is one reason I would so move back to Cincinnati!!! My ONLY complaint is it is too small .. Marty is doing such a good business that the limited seating goes quick. If you go on a Friday night for his wine tasting .. (which is an amazing value) get there BEFORE it starts at 6 .. so get there by 530 .. even then ... you will be lucky to find a seat .. we arrived at 6 sharp and because Marty knows my friends so well .. he set us up a little table in the corner of the retail side of the shop in the beer section! Had it not been for that .. we would have been standing all night. I was sooo happy to be with friends of Marty's!! Also must mention Bernice!!! Marty has put together a great staff .. Bernice is a gem!

1  Thank Gracie17
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This shop may be small but it is full of a diverse selection of delicious beers and wines to take away with you. It also has a bar which always has something different on tap as well as has a batch of homemade Sangria waiting in the wings. The atmosphere is warm, cozy and the staff is friendly and welcoming, especially the owner. At the time of this visit their menu had recently expanded to included salads, sandwiches and gourmet personal pizzas which I am looking forward to trying on my next visit. Don't miss the free parking behind the building either. So if you are tired of drinking lame house wines or the same old domestics, give Marty's a try.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I'll preface this with this fact...I'm not big on places where you have to stand around with your drink.
Marty's has a great variety of wines and moderate selection of beers. The only food is "nibbles" and small munchies, but they're pretty tasty.
I don't go as often as I'd like, because seating is very limited (seating for under a dozen people). Get there early if you want a seat, because they fill up fast!
On your way out, pick up a bottle of your favorite wine or a 6-pack of a unique beer - you can also mix-and-match your 6-pack, so try something different!