“Wowed by the quality”

Add it.
Cincinnati Opera
Ranked #98 of 208 things to do in Cincinnati
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I saw Turandot over the weekend, and it was phenomenal. I heard that the budget was about one million for this production, and the quality shows. The costumes, stage, singing, and orchestra was beautiful. I'm looking forward to coming to the Cincinnati Opera next season!

1  Thank BGfalcon2012

Reviewed November 14, 2014

This was an absolute treat. I took my daughter and her cousin. They got all dressed up as little girls like to do and we went to mingle with the opera elites. It was awesome, we saw Mozart's Magical Flute, the show was awesome and they were way better than expected with such power in their performance. My daughter and her cousin to this day ask when are we going back and always bring up that night. "Remember when" its definitely an awesome experience and they were 7 at the time. Do yourself a favor and culturally enrich them with this treat of Cincinnati.

1  Thank kevin c
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently watched Carmen by Cincinnati Opera at the Music Hall. What a fantastic evening I had! I enjoyed the 3-hr-plus show. We are lucky to have such world-class performance right at home.

1  Thank MaryL41042
Reviewed June 17, 2014

"Carmen" opened last Thursday. I saw both the Opening Night Performance and the Saturday Performance both of which were excellent, but Saturday showed the cohesiveness which frequently occurs with opening night over and done with. There are still two more performances: one this Friday at 7:30 and a matinee on Sunday. This is a different "Carmen" which means she is more subtle, slinky, and almost likeable, but very sexy and VERY DANGEROUS. Go see for yourself. You'll love it.
Next on the board is "Silent Night" a Pulitzer Prize winning new opera (3 yrs) honoring and remembering World War I at this 100 year anniversary of the war's start. You will cry so bring the appropriate equipment.
Third is "Calisto" Cincinnati Opera's first venture into Baroque Opera. Try it. You'll like it as the Greek Gods cavort with humans to ridiculous and funny (sometimes) conclusions.
"Madame Butterfly" ends the season and I hope you retained the tears absorbing equipment you needed for "Silent Night" because you'll really need them for this one. Puccini knows how to make grown-ups cry. Try an Opera on for size...you won't regret it.

I submit that I am an opera aficionado and am a member of the Board of Cincinnati Opera. I love Opera and am writing this to open up the possibility for enjoyment that many folks are missing. Oftentimes, once someone tries his or her first opera they love it and return for more.

2  Thank drmmcvg
See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We've seen Opera all over the US and in some foreign locales (England, France, Italy) and the Cincinnati Opera gets better, more Big Time and Excellent, every year! Go, the experience is worthwhile, literally a cast of thousands (well, over a hundred to be truthful, but that's a lot of people to be performing just for YOU!), world class singers (2013 = Angela Meade, Nicole Cabell, Christof Perick, Ruxandra Donose, Sarah Coburn, Marco Panuccio, Hans-Joachim Ketelsen, Carlo Rizzi, Morris Robinson, Antonello Palombi, Michelle DeYoung, Latonia Moore, Gordon Hawkins ... did someone say Metropolitan Opera?), great productions, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra in the pit, and fabulous Historic Music Hall. Opera in Cincinnati is truly competitive with Opera anywhere in the world. Go, .... if you like opera, you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank essexofwessex