“Love music hall”

Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I love Music Hall and the Symphony. We went there a month ago and had a delightful time.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

travelers who enjoy beautiful music and a nice night out on the down will find that a SCO concert! it has a wonderful conductor who makes you feel welcome and the music is sent from heaven! My date and I were lucky to be in the third row and dead center,but I'm sure any seat it the house was just as nice!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Cincinnati Symphony has a varied schedule with many guest soloists and guest conductors. On Sat. evenings there is usually a preconcert talk that begins an hour ahead of the concert and gives insight to the evening's offering or something else relevant to the orchestra. Sit any place you like and get a good view of the host and guests. Some Thursday evenings there is a preconcert small meal. Both are enjoyable and stretches the evening a bit.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Cincinnati Symphony performed with Lang Lang on a recent visit and did an outstanding job! I called last-minute to get tickets since my evening plans fell through. A live person answered the phone, handled the ticket sales, and answered all of my questions about parking and dress. I parked in the garage for a reasonable fee and walked across to the beautiful hall. I arrived 30 minutes early and was in my seat about 15 minutes early for a nearly sold-out performance. The ushers answered my questions about the hall and the park renovations going on across the street. The performance was of the highest quality and the guest director presented and engaging program of interesting music. The program offered insight into the pieces and the CSO blew me away. They are redoing the hall soon which will add to the excellent experience since my seats were behind a pillar and the sound was a bit distorted by it (no complaints, I did call at the very last minute). I will definitely return and, when I move, become a season ticket holder.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The CSO is one of the 5 or 10 best orchestras in the U.S., and they did not disappoint. Between the orchestral and the piano concerto, they included a short piece ("The Internet Symphony #1") designed to draw modern listeners into an appreciation for classical music. They also included multiple close-up camera angles projected onto the stage background to give great views of the pianist. Acoustics are great in the hall - best in the upper balcony, but muffled at the back of the orchestra beneath the lower balcony.