“Everything we expected and more.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Senate
Ranked #36 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Everything we expected and more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

First of all, the fact that we got a table in < 5 minutes on a Friday night made us VERY happy.

Pig tails = fantastic idea, almost like a combination of ribs and wings.

We had the Korean and the Trailer Park hot dogs. Never thought hot dogs would be among my favorite meals in a city. Tasty, and totally filling. The duck fat fries (which appear to be a Cincinnati staple) were a nice touch.

If you are in Cincinnati for a limited time, one of the places you must visit for a meal is Senate.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Nuevo, CA
“The only time an hour wait to be seated for a hot dog was worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was traveling with a "Foodie" who suggested we eat here. When I looked at the menu and saw it was mainly hot dogs I was hesitant but he insisted and boy am I glad he did.

Instead of giving you a buzzer or something hey take your cell # and text you about 10 minutes before your table is ready so you can walk around the area.

Once seated it is a little cramped and loud due to the popularity of the joint but not to the point of being a deterrent. The small kitchen is small but open so that you can see what is going on.

From the menu I highly recommend the "my wife's salad" for starters. They have a variety of gourmet hot dogs, and have two veggie substitutions each night. I had one of the hot dogs with the veggie substitute and it was definitely THE BEST veggie or meat hotdog I have ever had. I never thought I would be bragging about a hot dog but Senate is a must.

Visited August 2013
alpinelady
“fun spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic original cocktails!! Amazing truffle fries! Fun atmosphere.... Must try if you haven't. We will definitely be back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“If you haven't gone, you should”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is such a fun, unique eatery and everyone should go once! Even if there's a wait, it's worth it. Even if you usually watch your diet, you should eat a dog and fries here anyway. It's worth it!

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Truffle fries and hot dogs loaded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Small, quaint , great food casual get the truffle fries and mussels 13th and vine get there early but the wait is worth the fun . Amanda Byrnes dong very good