“Favorite place to eat at in Cincy.” 5 of 5 stars

Senate
Ranked #35 of 1,892 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Appleton, WI
“Favorite place to eat at in Cincy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visit this place every time I am in Cincy. The menu is a creative mix of food truck meets fine dining. It is 75% sausages, hot dogs, etc. Everything is fantastic and the atmosphere and service are outstanding. Go there... NOW!

Visited April 2012

Oxford, Ohio
“Mod Weenies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

In Cincy for a concert on 3/27/13, & having read other reviews thought we'd try Senate. Very small, shotgun style bar/rest. We sat at the bar (only available seats) & had very good service. The beer selection was nice, the weenies were fun & tasty.

We were disappointed with the lobster mac-n-cheese, as it was very greasy & had only four, small pieces of lobster. I love to eat & was unable to have more than a spoonful. The elbow noodles had a faint taste of cheese, but appeared naked in the serving dish. Our waiter said it was "Italian style," but being Italian & not from Cincy, I very much disagree!

Tried the duck fat & truffle fries, & they honestly tasted the same. Only variation was the rosemary on the duck fat fries. Both fries come with a spicy sauce (sort of defeats the purpose of tasting the fries), which I tasted, but didn't put on the fries. Sauce was traditional mayo/spicy combo & was fine. The fries were very salty. Yes, fries need salt, but not that much. I would not return for another go. Bill: 2 weenies, lobster mac-n-cheese, 2 orders fries & 3 beers- $60 without tip.

Best part of trip to CIncy...Ryan Bingham ROCKED the Taft!

• Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Highly recommended to me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My 24 year old son had been to the Senate several times and raved about the experience so I was excited to go and see it for myself. We arrived for lunch at 1:25 on a Friday and found the long and narrow space filled with diners. We had a short wait but once seated were waited on promptly. They are known for their upscale hotdogs. I tried the Trailer Park Dog which was $10.00 and good. We also ordered duck fat fries ($6) which were not too many. Good thing we did not wait until later in the day to visit the Senate. At about 2:00 they closed and I saw many people turned away and disappointed. The space does not seat that many diners and I was surprised they would turn away business. When I asked about this the server said they needed to clean the restaurant to get ready for the evening business.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this trendy rest. I have been here a few times and i will be back every time. I am in town. Good beer and drinks only neg is the cold when the door opens

• 2 of 5 stars
Verona, Kentucky
“Limited Vegetarian Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Tried again to get in to Bakersfield across the street and long wait. Senate had immediate seating so my husband and I went for it. He enjoyed the Lindsay Lohan hot dog and we shared some truffle fries. I'm a vegetarian and found few options but went with the chile relleno which required some sriracha sauce to give it the kick it needed. Our service was great, food pretty good, value not great. $40 for a hot dog, fries, relleno, one coke. Wouldn't go out of our way to visit again.