“Lindsey Lohan was amazing”
Review of Senate

Senate
Ranked #34 of 1,970 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Lindsey Lohan was amazing”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to Cincinatti for the weekend to visit some friends. We all went to Senate for dinner on Saturday night and sat at the bar to avoid waiting for a table. We had such a great time with the bartender (cute!) and we all had Lindsey Lohan hotdogs (delicious). Next time I visit, that will definitely be the dinner spot of choice.

“Worth checking out”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Senate is a bit hard to describe. A feature of the menu are the high end hot dogs (I had the Chicago style and it was great). There is an energetic bar scene (more on this in a moment). The building is an old structure with a lot of character right smack in the middle of the restaurant renaissance underway on Vine Street in Over the Rhine. My wife and I sat at the bar as there were no tables available, and as a result we had a bird's eye view of the bartenders preparing some of the most interesting cocktails I've ever seen. The care and preparation of the cocktails was amazing, with some ingredients being added out of small vials via an eye dropper, lemon rinds being flamed and then rubbed all around the inside and outside of the glass in which the drink was being made, different liquids only partially mixing for a very interesting visual effect, and on and on. It was really quite something, and makes me want to go back to try all these interesting concoctions. I actually ordered a beer and regretted it after seeing what I was missing on the cocktail side.

• Visited February 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Food was great!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had the Lindsay Lohan hotdog and it was wonderful. I would have never thought a hot dog could be so delicious. I also loved the lobster mac n cheese. However, I did not like the bread pudding, to me it was like french toast with ice cream on top of it. Not at all my idea of bread pudding. My husband really liked his hamburger too.

• Visited October 2012
Louisiana
“OMG”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This little gem is a quaint little hole in the wall resturaunt/bar located in over the rhine. The best thing so far is the Petune. Truffle fried french fries as the base , layered with fresh local curds, and short rib beef smothered in gravy. The PERFECT comfort food.

• Visited January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love the concept, hate the crowd and prices. But their Gin Paloma is awesome!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

So, it's like going to a food truck with fancy ingredients, but we had to wait an hour on a freezing cold Friday night to get seated. Then we were seated in the very back where the draft from their back door chilled me every 5 minutes. Their ambiance is nice and fits their style, but the place is so small it seems a bit cramped.

They definitely have a unique menu! I really like what they've done and I highly recommend that you go for a visit! I'm not a huge fan of their all beef dogs, just something about the flavor puts me off, but everyone else seems to really enjoy them.

They have a pretty good beer and wine list as well. I fell in love with their Gin Paloma. I think I could drink it by the bucketful.

The service was absolutely top notch!

Overall, go, but maybe at an off hour so you don't have to wait.

• Visited February 2013