“Food was great!”

Ranked #24 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had the Lindsay Lohan hotdog and it was wonderful. I would have never thought a hot dog could be so delicious. I also loved the lobster mac n cheese. However, I did not like the bread pudding, to me it was like french toast with ice cream on top of it. Not at all my idea of bread pudding. My husband really liked his hamburger too.

There are newer reviews for Senate

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This little gem is a quaint little hole in the wall resturaunt/bar located in over the rhine. The best thing so far is the Petune. Truffle fried french fries as the base , layered with fresh local curds, and short rib beef smothered in gravy. The PERFECT comfort food.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

So, it's like going to a food truck with fancy ingredients, but we had to wait an hour on a freezing cold Friday night to get seated. Then we were seated in the very back where the draft from their back door chilled me every 5 minutes. Their ambiance is nice and fits their style, but the place is so small it seems a bit cramped.

They definitely have a unique menu! I really like what they've done and I highly recommend that you go for a visit! I'm not a huge fan of their all beef dogs, just something about the flavor puts me off, but everyone else seems to really enjoy them.

They have a pretty good beer and wine list as well. I fell in love with their Gin Paloma. I think I could drink it by the bucketful.

The service was absolutely top notch!

Overall, go, but maybe at an off hour so you don't have to wait.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

As mentioned, this is my second review of this place. And it's mainly because of the poutine. The first few times I came here with my fiance I always eyeballed the poutine, but never ordered it because it sounded and looked kind of...not good.
Then a friend told me it's the most amazing thing on the menu---but I REALLY love the Lindsey Lohan---but she was right. The poutine is one of the most amazing plates of food I've had. Words escape me and they can never do it justice. You just have to go and try it. It's the perfect plate of salty, herby, starchy mound of meat and gravy and egg. It's just go good and so bad for you. Ever since we tried it, we have to order it every time we go to Senate.
I still love the Lindsey Lohan, too.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ever since first trying this last year, I have found this place to truly be a "food destination". The hot dogs are like nothing you've ever had before and the other "side dishes" such as Poutine, Duck Fat Fries and Lobster Mac n Cheese (plus pretzel beignets) are amazing too.