“Second Review--Poutine!”

Ranked #28 of 2,069 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

As mentioned, this is my second review of this place. And it's mainly because of the poutine. The first few times I came here with my fiance I always eyeballed the poutine, but never ordered it because it sounded and looked kind of...not good.
Then a friend told me it's the most amazing thing on the menu---but I REALLY love the Lindsey Lohan---but she was right. The poutine is one of the most amazing plates of food I've had. Words escape me and they can never do it justice. You just have to go and try it. It's the perfect plate of salty, herby, starchy mound of meat and gravy and egg. It's just go good and so bad for you. Ever since we tried it, we have to order it every time we go to Senate.
I still love the Lindsey Lohan, too.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ever since first trying this last year, I have found this place to truly be a "food destination". The hot dogs are like nothing you've ever had before and the other "side dishes" such as Poutine, Duck Fat Fries and Lobster Mac n Cheese (plus pretzel beignets) are amazing too.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is not just another hot dog joint. It's got unusual hot dog creations, even a veggie dog. But don't just get the hot dogs or awesome sandwiches, you've got to get the truffle fries! They are so tasty.... mmmm Or just go for a drink and the atmosphere. Whatever reason you stop by the Senate, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

$10 hot dogs, painfully salty chili, grease-laden fries, two-hour waits, and background noise so loud you have to scream at your dinner companions. If that sounds appealing, this is your place.

1  Thank GoodTravelers
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was passing through Cincinnati on my birthday and a friend gave me a list of restaurants - I chose this because of its awesome menu. It was one of the best food experiences ever. The duck fat fries, the mussels charmoula and the Lindsay Lohan hotdog were all incredible. The Lexington bourbon beer was served in a brandy glass which made this delicious beer (brewed in brandy casks) somehow better. The pretzel beignets served with caramel marscapone was the "icing" on my cake. Indescribably delish. I would go back in a heartbeat and may just do that next year when I am driving by again....