“Incredible quality nose-dive” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Cincinnati
Ohio
“Incredible quality nose-dive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Red Roof is usually my go-to chain for hotel stays, and I have stayed at this location a number of times in the past and always been pleased. Unfortunately, something has happened, and judging from the other reviews things have not improved since my stay in May. The first room I went in had the lights above the beds ripped out of the walls, one dangling by its cord above the bed. The second room had not been cleaned yet (this was about 6pm) and its door, as well as the doors of several other rooms nearby, was standing open though no one was around. The third room was not great but better than the others so I decided not to push my luck and ignore the comparatively small flaws and the old charcoal grill sitting outside my door. I noticed quickly that the light above the sink did not work, so I called the front desk. Although I called again about an hour later to say I was going to dinner in about 1/2 hour and I preferred they not come in my room while I was gone, no one came - so I loaded all my things back into the car and stopped at the front desk to tell them they could come in to fix it. Still no one ever came. The room was not particularly clean either, one of the pillows was just a wad of batting in a pillowcase, there was a whole laundry list of room problems, and sketchy clientele as others have said. One lady at the front desk did try to help, but she didn't have much to work with, which wasn't her fault. In the end I did get $10 off my room, which was not nearly enough to make up for the poor service (with the exception of the one person) and subpar quality of not one but three rooms. I am sad that I will not be staying here again, as I come to the area several times a year and it is difficult to find a hotel that will accept pets without charging an arm and a leg. After this experience, though, I will grudgingly pay double the price to stay at the Holiday Inn one exit north.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dog Show Traveler
RedRoofInnBeechmont, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati East - Beechmont, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Pet Lover,

We are sorry we fell short of our goal to provide a clean and comfortable room. We love our guests and are as you mentioned pet friendly. I will not make excuses, but will say again how sorry I am that your room was not clean and up to RRI standards. I will review your letter with my housekeeping staff and make sure we take preventative measure to improve in the future. I know you mentioned you would not stay at my Inn again, but I ask you to please call me at 513-528-2741ext. 103 when you are in my area again so I can speak to you. I would like the opportunity to win your confidence and business back to my RRI.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I want to first stress that the woman at the front desk (I didn't see her name, a young blonde woman) was friendly and helpful whenever we had to contact her. And we had several reasons to contact her over the 4 nights we spent here.

The worst of it was the clientele there. I realize that management isn't responsible for who stays here, but they ultimately are for their behavior. One group of males were very loud, shouting to friends below in the parking lot, from midnight to 2 am, every night we were there.

Trash was tossed around the walkway, stairways, and sidewalks. It was not removed daily.

Housekeeping was far below par. There were three of us registered, and we were left at most two sets of towels, sometimes not full sets. We never got a clean bath mat. One day our beds were not made. Another day we were in the room for about an hour between 9 am and 8 pm, housekeeping came while we were there around 2 pm. We asked them to please come back in a little while - they never did.

Random irritations included no information on the phone (how to contact front desk, make local calls, etc) - in fact, no information at all about the hotel, how to connect to wifi, etc. I found bugs, both dead and alive, in the room. One bed had no blanket and just one pillow.

Some pluses - the wifi was free and worked well, they did have several connections available to cover the motel well, the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean (the first day - they were never changed).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Desk lamp did not work. Alarm clock did not work. Beds not made after the first night. Non-smoking room with a heavy smell of smoke and chemicals. Ashtray in non-smoking room? Daughter found a part of a used bandaid in her bed. 8 guys hanging off second floor drinking and calling out to the women when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ritch M
RedRoofInnBeechmont, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati East - Beechmont, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I assure you that we care about your feedback and will take corrective measures to your room. I had our maintenance GSR, repair the lamp and alarm clock. I spoke with my housekeeping staff and reviewed your comments with them. I also reviewed the proper bed making procedures with them. I will continue to inspect their work to ensure that our rooms are clean and smell fresh daily.

Hotel Manager
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was a very old and unclean facility. Had asked for non-smoking room and first room had strong of chemical fresher trying to mask the smell of smoke...room had an ashtray in it! So much for a non-smoking room. Tried another room, not quite as bad, but not good. We changed hotels. No matter how cheap the cost, this hotel is not worth the savings. Questionable people in parking lot screaming obscenities and noted police driving thru the parking lot. Just not a nice facility nor a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacy_A_072012
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for feedback and comments. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am sorry we fell short of our goal which is a clean, comfortable place at a great value. Please know that I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we will act appropriately and as needed. I have also followed up with our staff on the odor of your room and why they placed an ashtray in a NS room (we should be treating the room for odors as well as not placing an ashtray in the room). Again, thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

If you will ever be in our area again, please feel free to give me a call at 513-528-2741 ext. 103
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel clean nice room front deck was just best and Henry manager just best

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Jeanie,

Wow…thank you for the great compliment! The staff and I work hard to provide great service and value. I am glad our efforts are showing and paying off. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the near future.

Wyandotte, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Recent trip that was booked over a year in advance for hs students. Alot or rooms were uncleaned when kids checked in(and it was after 7pm). Their housing some people from a recent tornado and its very slummy. Police presence thru parking lot was frequent. Our room had holes in bathroom door and smelt of smoke and pet odors. Shower was moldy in our room as well as many of the kids rooms. Burn holes in our comforter. On the Sat eve of stay, the police had arrested a drug dealer in one of the rooms on backside of hotel. The gas station had asked my wife where were we staying, and when she told the clerk Red Roof. He said, "so sorry and make sure you lock your doors very well like putting furniture in fromt of doors." According to a Red Roof spokesman, when we called. Said the hotel recently was bought by an independent franchise owner and they were looking into many recent complaints! So stay here at your own risk!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Larry1841
Dear Valued Guest,
You are correct we had a severe storm/tornado come through our area and many business and homes were damaged beyond repair. We had a housing community not too far from our Inn were it was totally destroyed. We volunteered to assist them with temporary housing until their homes have been repaired. Most of our guests have already started moving back into their homes which are happy for them. I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we will take action to make sure we walk them Inn frequently to ensure the safety and security of our guests.
As for the room condition I apologize. There is no excuse for a room that is not clean and in good working order. I will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure your room is deep cleaned and reviewed for any maintenance problems.

Again, we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your opinion means a great deal to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your concerns, it's very much appreciated.

Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Hotel was clean and maintained. Sena Bowles- Boothby behind the front desk is very helpful and friendly. She see's to it that her guests have what they need. I would stay at their facility again and would recommend it to anyone passing thru.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive comments. Its very much appreciated. I will make sure Sena reads this review as I know she will be excited to know her hardwork is being recognized by our guest. Again, we strive to provide a clean comfortable room as a great value.

See you next time!

GM, Henry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
BEST WESTERN Clermont
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
1861 Inn
1861 Inn
#1 of 2 in Batavia

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati East - Beechmont? Share your experiences!