“very convenient”

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
North Canton, Ohio
“very convenient”
Reviewed August 9, 2006

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 1 night in August. We chose this hotel because it was close to relatives we were visiting. It has a great outdoor pool, and the rooms were clean and well-maintained.
Continental breakfast is included, but don't expect much. It's just enough to give you a start on your day, not fill you up!
My only complaint was that it was very noisy due to the traffic on I-71. If we return again (and we probably will), I will reqest to stay on the side of the hotel away from the highway. There was just too much noise from cars/trucks/etc.
Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel, and will book it again on return trips to the Cinci area.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank kcaturner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 28, 2005

I stayed at the Hannaford Suites in the Kenwood area of Cincinnati in May, 2005. I had a mini-suite with a small refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker and all dishes, utensils, etc. included. They also have larger suites. They have an internet site that lists price specials, but I got a better deal by calling them and asking for a AAA rate. The hotel is very quiet and the rooms are very well designed. Continental breakfast is included with your room price. The staff is very friendly. Their policy is not to provide daily maid service and they give you a schedule of when the rooms will be cleaned on whichever floor you are staying. I was there 3 nights and the only problem I had was that the garbage cans were full by the time I left. I know if I had asked, they would have either emptied them or let me know where I could empty them. As a female travelling alone, I felt very safe and secure at this hotel. The hotel is very close to the Kenwood Towne Center shopping mall. Access to Interstate 71 is not far away. It was very easy to get to all the various locations I travelled, including downtown Cincinnati and Newport, Kentucky. The price was much better than a downtown Cincinnati hotel, and there is plenty of free parking. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Cincinnati area.

3 Thank patlv1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2005

We stayed three nights in a suite which in reality a regular room slept more people and was lacking only a full soze fridge and the "suite" had a doube stove top. We had held twq additionl rooms and told the desk we needed to be side by side due to a fall our mother had taken and her inability to care for herself. They were also told that the last room incoming would be a late arrival. The dayshift desk clerk was great and noted that they would arrive late. However, the night shift worker gave the holding room away. We stayed on the same floor but it was not as convenient. The hotel also has a screwy cleaning policy. The first floor is cleaned on Monday second floor Tuesday third floor Wednesday and the fourth floor Thursday. Therefore if you check in for a long weekend you get no service whatsoever, AND you could only get towels during desk hours. They night shift person was only there one time in the 3 nights we stayed when we went downstairs. I would definetly not reccomend this hotel to others. On a final note friends stayed at the Hannaford Suites in Newport Ky. and found it to be extremely pleasant.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 28, 2003

We have stayed at this location twice in the past two years when facing times of great personal family stress. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the rooms which are comfortable, clean and well appointed. We would stay again on another trip.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2002

The room was like most other suite hotels, no complaints there. However, when the desk person does not show up until, 8:10 am this does not provide much service for guest that would like to check out, and also the breakfast was not provided as this same individual forgot she was responsible for the continential breakfast.

This was my first stay, and considering this type of service, it will be my last. This person did not act or even show any concern that guest were waiting while she was late.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member