“Clean, Comfortable and next to shopping”

Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
lisa2travel
“Clean, Comfortable and next to shopping”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This is my second time staying at the hannaford. Loved the omelet bar which i believe they didn't have the last time i was here. The rooms are spacious and have a great fitness room. But overall its next to the mall so I love it!!!!!

• Stayed September 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charleston WV
Reviewed September 8, 2008

The Hannaford had some good points, and I'll list them first. It was clean, and in a quiet part of town. It was next to a nice shopping mall. It had plenty of free parking. The hotel was tastefully decorated and smelled good. The wi-fi was free and fast. The complimentary breakfast was good, and features made-to-order omelettes. The bedding was comfortable and clean.

The bad points were as follows: There was only one ice machine for all three floors. The single elevator was slow. The room we booked as a suite was not really a suite as the sleeping area was not separated from the living area by anything other than floor space. The "gift shop" was a vending machine with disposable razors and laundry detergent in it.

Now the weird points: (Read only if you believe in spooks. . .)

The Hannaford was creepy. I have stayed in a lot of hotels. No previous hotel rivaled the Hannaford for rustling, banging, creaking, thumping spooky noises. All night long. Occasionally I even heard what sounded like screaming. And more than once it sounded like something or someone was brushing up against our carefully locked door. I'd look out the peephole and nothing human was there. In addition, there was something indefineably creepy about some of the employees. And no, I am not exaggerating. Maybe I've read too many Stephen King novels, but even my travelling companion, not a King reader, commented the Hannaford reminded her of The Overlook.

Fortunately, it had no topiary animals.

• Liked — clean and it smelled good
  • Disliked — It reminded me of The Overlook Hotel in "The Shining"
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank bricksclick
Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We were totally pleased with the Hannaford Suites. The suite was comfortable and clean, the staff was helpful, and the free breakfast omelets were delicious.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Great hotel for business travelers. Rooms are spotless and good-sized, furniture, carpet, beds, and entire hotel looks brand new. Sheets & bedding are the good suff - not cheap or scratchy. No problems with high-speed internet connection and hotel is safe, away from inner-city but convenient to Cincinnati. Mall and many good restaurants nearby. Staff is terrific - owner gave up his room for me because I needed a non-smoking room.

The FREE breakfast now includes a made-to-order omelet station, along with danish, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, etc.
Highway noise did not bother me at all and I am a light sleeper.
I highly recommend the Hannaford Suites.

• Liked — Big, clean, safe room
  • Disliked — All was good !
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed January 5, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed in Cincinnati for three nights over the New Year's holiday. This was the worst hotel of the three in which we stayed (the others being the Cincinnatian downtown and the Marriott RiverCenter in Newport (which was the best of the three)).

When we arrived at the hotel at around 11 AM, we went to the check-in desk. There was a mop on the floor in front of the desk and a Hispanic gentleman behind the desk. We could not understand what he was saying to us...he picked up the telephone and called the person whom I presume to be the front desk receptionist. She came down in five minutes while my girlfriend and I wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.

Check in then went...smoothly. After the housekeeping (?) gentleman removed his mop and sat down in the lobby.

The room was fine. Nothing special. A VERY small bathroom, though. Tiny small. The bed was fine. Fairly comfortable.

The location is excellent for going to Kenwood Towne Center and the surrounding area. It is very quiet, on a side road, with "sneak-in" access to the mall. Unfortunately, the mall was so crowded we could find nowhere to park! Can you believe that?!? So, we just went across the street to the bookstore. I'd never witnessed a mall so busy. This was on December 30!

When we arrived back to the hotel, there was a different receptionist "working". Actually, she was sitting on the couch with what I presume to be her somewhat scary-looking thugish boyfriend. Pretty unprofessional.

Then. at around 4 AM were were woken by someone SCREAMING, "Anyone?", "Hello?" for at least 15 minutes NON-STOP. Apparently the front desk had been abandoned. We were two rooms down from the desk, so the screaming was pretty loud to have wakened us. That was pretty scary.

We left as soon as we could the next day, never to return. The price was average, the hotel was average. I'm not sure why we'd ever go back given the poor service.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The front desk staff was very unprofessional.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed December 12, 2007

I travel to Cincinnati every year to visit family for Thanksgiving. This year we tried the Hannaford..I have to admit there were concerns regarding the reviews I read about the noise from the freeway. I have to admit, our room was on that side of the hotel, and my family had no issues at all. This hotel is TOP notch, you will not find anything else like this unless you go downtown and pay 250 a night. Great Staff! Great Rooms! Great Hotel! Will definately stay again!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Love2TravelTennessee
Maineville, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2007

have stayed here on several occasions.
great location. walking distance to shopping mall / many restaurants.
great front desk staff.

only minus is - make sure you get a room on the parking lot side, and not facing the interstate.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business