“Long Weekend Stay for King's Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5900 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236 (Formerly Hannaford Suites Hotel Cincinnati)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Youngstown, Ohio
“Long Weekend Stay for King's Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and children stayed in a king suite over the weekend because we were visiting King's Island. The suite is true to the description and pictures posted on the Website, but was a little smaller than what I expected. The kitchen has a full size fridge, microwave, two-burner stovetop, small sink, dishwater, and pots and pans. A dishwasher would have been a nice addition to the room. The leather sofa bed in the living area was comfy, but was more the size of a loveseat. Both the living area and bedroom had LCD flat screen TV's with a very good variety of channels. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The outdoor pool is at the back end of the hotel across the parking lot. That was a little different. However, it was a nice little space with a small shallow pool, lounge chairs, patio furniture, and a gas grille which I assumed could be used for guests. There were also a few pool toys available that my children were able to use.

The only things I had issues with we're the locks in the rooms and breakfast. There is one lock on the door of the room. Hotels I have occupied usually have a second locking mechanism at the top of the door. It unlocked so easily that my 18-month-old was able to open the door and dart out of the room.

Secondly, the breakfast description on the Website lists a number of items for the complimentary breakfast. In particular, hot items like breakfast meat. There were hot items (waffle, hard boiled eggs, and instant oatmeal). They do offer an omelette station, which helped. However, the cook on the first morning overcooked the omelettes and they were very brown. The cook on the second day did well. The main reason I chose this hotel was for the complimentary breakfast offerings. We were a little disappointed. The breakfast room is also small and fills up quickly. You may have to take your food back to your room to eat.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is quiet, clean, and the staff is nice. It is also very family friendly. The hotel is literally across the street from a large mall complex and there are a number of restaurants in close proximity. It is also about 15 minutes away from King's Island. Finally, the price is very reasonable; especially for a suite as compared with other chains. I would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Akron, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been staying at the Hanniford Suites on Business since November of 2012. It has been a great experience and I refuse to stay any where else. The staff and the hotel are really really great!! A pleasant place to be if you have to be away from home!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Fredrick B
Wautoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room was appointed with a sofa, desk, great bed, and wet bar with refrigerator, sink, & dishes. Room was exceptionally clean & very comfortable. The included breakfast offered made to order omelette.

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bud F
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last week with my husband and one year old son. Very clean, quiet, great breakfast, great happy hour, nice staff. We had a suite with a kitchen, sitting area, separate bed and bath. Worked out great with a baby. Best hotel I have been to in a very long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hudson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was perfect for what my family needed. It was in a nice neighborhood and we felt comfortable from the moment we arrived. The kids loved the pool (although you had to walk across parking lot). It was convenient to downtown Cincinnati where we had many activities planned and a great price. Breakfast food was good and the omelet station was a bonus!! Breakfast staff was very friendly and were very attentive. Only complaint that I have was the pullout sofa bed that my kids slept on. Although they did not seem to mind, but when I was making the bed, the mattress is very thin and you could feel the springs through it. Again - they did not complain and slept fine, I just noticed it!! The king bed was very comfortable!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had a FANTASTIC stay at this hotel. I was recently traveling in Chicago and found myself recommending it to a random person in the elevator who was talking to her friend about going to Cincinnati for a conference. I travel frequently for work, my most recent stay was in Ohio.

The breakfast omelettes are finger licking good. Freshly made in front of you with your choice of ingredients. There is also coffee available throughout the day. They have other options in the breakfast area- usuals; but the fresh Omelette is a niche at this hotel. A+

My room was superb. I had a king suite which consists of a bedroom with a desk and comfortable chair, and flat screen TV. Bedsheets were brand new, very clean and the mattress was very comfortable. I have a hard time getting the right "strength" pillows and I must say that the pillows were a 10/10. The bathroom was spotless; water pressure was just right.

The area is great. Felt safe jogging in the neighbourhood. Lots of parking. Outdoor pool. Quiet. Nice clientele. The highlight of my stay was when they offered to make me a mango slushy on the spot even though it was not on the menu!

Overall I would give this hotel a 10/10- in terms of value; staff friendliness; customer satisfaction. Keep up the good work staff. Will stay here again.

Bon voyage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

From day on of our stay they put us in an unfinished room without a shower curtain and curtains on the windows. After the second day they decided not to clean our room, replace our towels, refill coffee supplies, etc. We called front desk twice for them to clean our room and they said they would but never did. Front desk called back and told us they would send maid service to our room while we were gone and again they never showed up. Breakfast in the morning was lack luster and they didn't have juice when we went down there, but at least they had coffee, no hot foods, just cerial and muffins. The pool was outside and across the parking lot where we were being watched by neighboring apartments. Probably poor management and communication secondary to skimping employees, and cutting costs by keeping maid service from cleaning rooms. We booked this room after reading reviews on trip advisor however I would not recommend this hotel as there has to be better options in the area.

• Stayed July 2013