“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, IL
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last week with my husband and one year old son. Very clean, quiet, great breakfast, great happy hour, nice staff. We had a suite with a kitchen, sitting area, separate bed and bath. Worked out great with a baby. Best hotel I have been to in a very long time.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hudson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was perfect for what my family needed. It was in a nice neighborhood and we felt comfortable from the moment we arrived. The kids loved the pool (although you had to walk across parking lot). It was convenient to downtown Cincinnati where we had many activities planned and a great price. Breakfast food was good and the omelet station was a bonus!! Breakfast staff was very friendly and were very attentive. Only complaint that I have was the pullout sofa bed that my kids slept on. Although they did not seem to mind, but when I was making the bed, the mattress is very thin and you could feel the springs through it. Again - they did not complain and slept fine, I just noticed it!! The king bed was very comfortable!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had a FANTASTIC stay at this hotel. I was recently traveling in Chicago and found myself recommending it to a random person in the elevator who was talking to her friend about going to Cincinnati for a conference. I travel frequently for work, my most recent stay was in Ohio.

The breakfast omelettes are finger licking good. Freshly made in front of you with your choice of ingredients. There is also coffee available throughout the day. They have other options in the breakfast area- usuals; but the fresh Omelette is a niche at this hotel. A+

My room was superb. I had a king suite which consists of a bedroom with a desk and comfortable chair, and flat screen TV. Bedsheets were brand new, very clean and the mattress was very comfortable. I have a hard time getting the right "strength" pillows and I must say that the pillows were a 10/10. The bathroom was spotless; water pressure was just right.

The area is great. Felt safe jogging in the neighbourhood. Lots of parking. Outdoor pool. Quiet. Nice clientele. The highlight of my stay was when they offered to make me a mango slushy on the spot even though it was not on the menu!

Overall I would give this hotel a 10/10- in terms of value; staff friendliness; customer satisfaction. Keep up the good work staff. Will stay here again.

Bon voyage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

From day on of our stay they put us in an unfinished room without a shower curtain and curtains on the windows. After the second day they decided not to clean our room, replace our towels, refill coffee supplies, etc. We called front desk twice for them to clean our room and they said they would but never did. Front desk called back and told us they would send maid service to our room while we were gone and again they never showed up. Breakfast in the morning was lack luster and they didn't have juice when we went down there, but at least they had coffee, no hot foods, just cerial and muffins. The pool was outside and across the parking lot where we were being watched by neighboring apartments. Probably poor management and communication secondary to skimping employees, and cutting costs by keeping maid service from cleaning rooms. We booked this room after reading reviews on trip advisor however I would not recommend this hotel as there has to be better options in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank ciicker1
Dorset, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again! Clean, spacious rooms, comfy king sized bed, and friendly, accommodating staff! Perfect for a few nights stay! Nice pool and exercise areas also! Fresh omelette for breakfast. Huge mall and plenty of dining fairly close by too!

• Stayed July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on June 21st. This was a wonderful hotel! Beautiful nice sized suites with a kitchenette. Comfortable bed and the breakfast is called continental but also included is made to order omelets or eggs cooked anyway you want them. We only stayed one night and enjoyed it. Would highly recommend it. The only downsize if I had one is when looking for the hotel at night, it's hard to see because the hotel sits back aways from the main road and the hotel signage was not visable. Another plus is it is right across the street from a big mall. We will definitely stay here again if in Cincinnati.

Room Tip: First floor
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here from June 28th to July 2nd. When we first pulled up to the hotel, the exterior looked very nice and clean. Its near a mall, numerous large chain restaurants and other places to kill time. We stayed to visit King's Island, which was about 15 minutes by highway with little to no traffic.

When we first checked in, the party prior to us was arguing with the front desk staff. Not exactly sure what was wrong, but it was awkward and very uncomfortable. The front desk staff literally was arguing with their guests about their reservation. Our check in was quick and painless, a quick elevator ride up to the 4th floor and into our room.

We had a king suite. It wasn't bad. High ceilings which made the room feel much bigger. Had a leather love seat with a 32-37" tv wall mounted in the sitting area, a coffee table, office chair tucked into a kitchen counter, kitchen sink, refrigerator, microwave, cabinets with toaster, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, kitchen basics.

Bedroom had another flat screen tv, dresser, desk, very comfortable king sized bed, lamps, ironing board, laundry basket in the closet. Bathroom was again, very typical with the expected toiletries.

The Good:
Bed was amazing. Pillows were amazing. You get that spectacular feeling when you lay in a hotel bed, with all white linens. The sun rises on the back side of the hotel and the drapes were sun blocking. The windows were 3 paned glass to drown out most of the noise from the highway. The extra hangers in the closet and laundry basket was a nice added touch as I prefer to hang up most of my clothes. There is the Kenwood Towne Centre across the road from the hotel which has several nice, high end stores, including an Apple and Microsoft store. Within walking distance is a Red Lobster, Outback, Sunoco, TGI Friday's and several other places to eat. The breakfast served was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, they do offer an omelet bar where you can have an omelet made for free with ham, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and/or tomatoes. Coffee was fresh and plentiful. They also offer a make your own waffle area, orange and apple juice with a variety of bread and yogurt items.

The Bad:
The front office staff were horrible. One girl specifically was outright embarrassing. She was younger with a foreign accent, but I don't recall her name. She was the one who argued with the group that checked in right before us. While spending the day at King's Island, we came back to our toilet being clogged. We called down to the front desk who said she'd bring up a plunger. They then called to say they couldn't find the plunger and they were sorry. We were offered the bathroom on the first floor next to the entryway, not a different room. Keep in mind, this was 10:30 pm -ish. We weren't about ready to go up and down the elevator after being at the amusement park all day to go back and forth to a restroom. They were however able to find us a plunger roughly an hour later. Considering we weren't in our rooms all day, I'm not quite sure who or what caused the blockage. It was pretty grossed and I wasn't pleased to be plunging a toilet in a room we weren't in all day. We had a crisis to handle while traveling to the amusement park. We were without our car keys. We had a spare key sent to us by FedEx overnight to the hotel. We were told the package would arrive by 10:30 am. Mind you, this set back left us without a car. We were stuck at the hotel for an extra day and we were beyond ready to leave and go back home.10:30 came and went. I called the front desk to inquire about our package and was told by the girl with the accent that there was nothing there for us by name or room number. She also informed me FedEx typically didn't show up until around noon. We called FedEx about to go to war when we were informed by FedEx that it had indeed been delivered. In fact, it was there for 90 minutes already. We went downstairs in absolute disbelief, only to find yes, our envelope with the spare key was sitting there right behind this girl. Our names and room number was both clearly listed on BOTH labels. No apology, just a look like it was my fault for interrupting her and her cellphone. The carpet in our room was coming up in the center of the room. Hard to explain, but it was buckled, too much slack and it bunched up in the center. The highway noise was louder at night. The air condition couldn't direct air flow correctly. More cool air was being directed into the sitting area where we spent a total of 5 minutes, than in the bedroom where we spent most of our time while in the room. We had to have numerous calls transferred to our room as our cellphones were also stolen while at the park. We received about 1 out of 5 of our calls. Here are exact emails we received concerning calls being sent to our room. "I attempted to call you back at the phone number you provided, (513)587-3878, and the person that answered did not understand what I was asking and said I had the wrong number." A second email said "The people at the front desk must have no idea what I am talking about when I call and ask for either you or your room number!" We also had family members say they were unable to reach us, as well as the local police mention difficulty contacting us while at the hotel.

Final Thoughts:
Overall, the place is ok, if you don't mind all the faults. If you have no issues, have patience, can put up with things easily, this place will probably be good for you. For those thinking this is a good place to "vacation", you will be disappointed. There are plenty of other places to stay and we will be staying some place else the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple