“Exellent”

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Otway
“Exellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Checkin was a little slow but that was because several families were checking in at the same time. The clerk was actually very fast taking care of everyone. Very professional. The room was very clean and quite. I would recommend this hotel. They don't have a fitness room is the only negative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terry T
Anna Y, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Terry,

We appreciate your positive feedback very much! Our team members truly enjoy hosting our guests. However, they did lack in informing you that our hotel has access to a 24/7 fitness facility located only 5 minutes away and I do apologize for that.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I were in town in Cinci for a wedding. Relatives from out of town and even out of country were flying in, we wanted something basic, reasonably priced, safe and of course, clean. We decided to pay a little more than the base 60 bucks a night you can get at some decent motels to make sure comfort and cleanliness weren't an issue. We arrived at our hotel and the first smell that hit my nose was cigarrette smoke. After checking in, we went to our room in the third floor and again, as soon as the elevator door opened, the smell of smoke was in the air. It was especially heavy outside the staff room. It was late, we were very tired, so we just put the kids in bed and went to sleep ourselves. We spent very little time in the room, being very busy with wedding-related activities. Long story short, the second night I was putting my kids in bed I noticed a small blood stain on the fitted sheet of the kids' bed, and upon checking out we saw caked-on dry mud on the carpet by the headboard and no evidence of a vacuum being run by that area in a while. The cigarette smoke stench was still there when we checked out. My husband gave the staff some friendly feedback, and they said a manager would get back to us. I feel we overpaid for the quality of stay we had. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regard of your recent stay with us. This was a very disappointing review of our hotel, and one that we took very seriously. I would like to express my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and let you know that we have already taken the steps necessary to correct these issues. Air purifiers were installed on the smoking floor to prevent the hallway from smoke odor and we recently hired a new housekeeping supervisor who makes sure the rooms are cleaned properly.
We do appreciate your feedback and will use this as an opportunity to improve our services.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and basically clean. The breakfast was fresh with hot food and fresh fruit available. The room was chilly when we arrived but we could control it, the hallway was really hot. The other residents were noisy, the rooms don't have very good sound proof. They quieted down after a while. No fault of the hotel except could seal the door better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gretchen V
Gretchen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us.
Our housekeeping and breakfast staff will be very excited to hear your positive feedback!
I do apologize for the noise issue; we have already addressed our maintenance specialist to find out what can be done to obtain better sound isolation.
Thank you again for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate and we are hoping to see you back!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were traveling to the Cincinnati area to visit family and to catch a Reds’ game recently and needed a place to stay for the weekend. I’m collecting points through Choice Hotels, so I checked with them first. We also wanted to stay in the Eastgate/Union Township area, so that defined where I was looking. The Comfort Inn and Suites Eastgate met those criteria well. Normally, there is good access to SR 32 and I-275 from Eastgate Blvd, but there is a lot of construction around the interchange which slows things down. But once you are past the construction, you can make it to downtown Cincinnati via I-275 and I-471 in about 30 minutes. There is also access to Clough Pike via Ferguson Blvd/Ivy Pointe Dr. or Aicholtz Rd/Glen Este Withamsville Rd., if you want to avoid the traffic then you can go that way to cut over to Beechmont Road.
The hotel is tucked back off of Eastgate Blvd, close to but away from the shopping areas. It is a very typical newer Comfort Suites building – decent but nondescript. The hotel and grounds are clean and well maintained, but the grounds are sparse. Although the hotel is away from most busy areas, the building and grounds are well-lit at night and seem quite safe. Parking is a bit limited but adequate from the number of guests who were there. Rooms are off of interior corridors, which were also clean and well lit. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, which we did not have the opportunity to use. Check-in and check-out were a bit slow. The front desk did the best they could, but they seemed understaffed.
We upgraded to a large king-size suite for a few dollars extra. Our rate was $98/night with the AAA discount. It was a good value for the money. It was a very nice room, quite typical of the Comfort Suites chain. We had a king-size bed (very comfortable, though a bit soft), separate sitting area (with pull-out sofa bed), refrigerator and microwave, and other typical amenities. They offer the standard Choice Hotels breakfast – continental offerings with a few hot items. Again, decent if unremarkable.
After having stayed at a number of Comfort Inns and other Choice Hotels, it is getting hard to avoid repeating myself. But however typical the Comfort Inn Eastgate may be, it reminds me why I gravitate toward the chain. All in all, I would say that this hotel was a good choice. It is quiet, reasonably-priced, comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank appellatereview
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our property and grateful for your loyalty to Comfort Inn brand!
We are pleased to inform you that our breakfast menu has more hot food items as we strive to add more variation to it.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate!
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Greg the night clerk is so abusive to the guest checking in. He gives Comfort Inn a bad reputation.My niece just had a premature baby in ICU. She lives too far from the hospital & needed to stay @ hotel. Her parents payed for her & her husband in advance. Greg was so rude to them he had my niece in tears. Her baby is only three days old and she needs to be close by. When she told him the situation he said Right I've heard that before. He accused them of using her parents credit card like fraud. My sister called the reservations in & re-confirmed. She had to call again to straighten out this mess that Greg created. Ten minutes of hassle from Greg & another guest spoke up & said it did not matter who was paying for the room. The kids had been at the hospital day & night & was exhausted. They were ready to go sleep in their car because of the abuse by Greg. They owe them a big apology. Greg should not be at the front desk. I feel bad that I recommended this hotel as I always use Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank gerriw01

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first stay in a Comfort Inn and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleased that the entire lobby was clean and didn't have random employees or people who weren't guests just hanging out. The room was large, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The daily rate was very fair as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony E
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this place every time I come to cincinnati! I love the room interior, amazing and friendly staff and just perfect location away from the noise but still very close to everything you need! Rooms are always clean and fresh! I am a non-smoker, so I always ask for the 1st floor- further from smoking rooms. I did stay on 2nd and 3rd floor, and those rooms were also fresh and didn't smell at all. I would definitely recomend to stay here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family