“Quiet, reasonably-priced, comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate

Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Louisville, Kentucky
“Quiet, reasonably-priced, comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were traveling to the Cincinnati area to visit family and to catch a Reds’ game recently and needed a place to stay for the weekend. I’m collecting points through Choice Hotels, so I checked with them first. We also wanted to stay in the Eastgate/Union Township area, so that defined where I was looking. The Comfort Inn and Suites Eastgate met those criteria well. Normally, there is good access to SR 32 and I-275 from Eastgate Blvd, but there is a lot of construction around the interchange which slows things down. But once you are past the construction, you can make it to downtown Cincinnati via I-275 and I-471 in about 30 minutes. There is also access to Clough Pike via Ferguson Blvd/Ivy Pointe Dr. or Aicholtz Rd/Glen Este Withamsville Rd., if you want to avoid the traffic then you can go that way to cut over to Beechmont Road.
The hotel is tucked back off of Eastgate Blvd, close to but away from the shopping areas. It is a very typical newer Comfort Suites building – decent but nondescript. The hotel and grounds are clean and well maintained, but the grounds are sparse. Although the hotel is away from most busy areas, the building and grounds are well-lit at night and seem quite safe. Parking is a bit limited but adequate from the number of guests who were there. Rooms are off of interior corridors, which were also clean and well lit. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, which we did not have the opportunity to use. Check-in and check-out were a bit slow. The front desk did the best they could, but they seemed understaffed.
We upgraded to a large king-size suite for a few dollars extra. Our rate was $98/night with the AAA discount. It was a good value for the money. It was a very nice room, quite typical of the Comfort Suites chain. We had a king-size bed (very comfortable, though a bit soft), separate sitting area (with pull-out sofa bed), refrigerator and microwave, and other typical amenities. They offer the standard Choice Hotels breakfast – continental offerings with a few hot items. Again, decent if unremarkable.
After having stayed at a number of Comfort Inns and other Choice Hotels, it is getting hard to avoid repeating myself. But however typical the Comfort Inn Eastgate may be, it reminds me why I gravitate toward the chain. All in all, I would say that this hotel was a good choice. It is quiet, reasonably-priced, comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank appellatereview
Anna Y, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our property and grateful for your loyalty to Comfort Inn brand!
We are pleased to inform you that our breakfast menu has more hot food items as we strive to add more variation to it.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Greg the night clerk is so abusive to the guest checking in. He gives Comfort Inn a bad reputation.My niece just had a premature baby in ICU. She lives too far from the hospital & needed to stay @ hotel. Her parents payed for her & her husband in advance. Greg was so rude to them he had my niece in tears. Her baby is only three days old and she needs to be close by. When she told him the situation he said Right I've heard that before. He accused them of using her parents credit card like fraud. My sister called the reservations in & re-confirmed. She had to call again to straighten out this mess that Greg created. Ten minutes of hassle from Greg & another guest spoke up & said it did not matter who was paying for the room. The kids had been at the hospital day & night & was exhausted. They were ready to go sleep in their car because of the abuse by Greg. They owe them a big apology. Greg should not be at the front desk. I feel bad that I recommended this hotel as I always use Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank gerriw01
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first stay in a Comfort Inn and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleased that the entire lobby was clean and didn't have random employees or people who weren't guests just hanging out. The room was large, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The daily rate was very fair as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in the Cincinnati area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony E
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this place every time I come to cincinnati! I love the room interior, amazing and friendly staff and just perfect location away from the noise but still very close to everything you need! Rooms are always clean and fresh! I am a non-smoker, so I always ask for the 1st floor- further from smoking rooms. I did stay on 2nd and 3rd floor, and those rooms were also fresh and didn't smell at all. I would definitely recomend to stay here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hallways smell like smoke and the room we stayed in had a sour smell. The first night we stayed we were woken up about midnight by a dog barking loudly. This is a no pet hotel. We contacted the front desk and were told it would be taken care of. The hotel manager came up and found that no one was in the room. Law enforcement was called and at 2:30 the dog was finally removed. Nothing was taken off our bill and the manager was not even apologetic about the incident. He was rude when my husband walked down there after nothing was done an hour later after we called. I would not recommend this hotel due to the smell and noise level. Other than the lady that was working the front desk when we checked in we did not encounter a friendly employee in the place.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Ashlee B
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was clean and spacious. Electrical outlets are plentiful and well placed. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good and was kept filled. The hotel is easily accessible from the interstate and the stoplight makes access to the interstate easy. Grocery store and restaurants are all within easy distance of the facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Upon arrival we got to our room and it was tiny. It also smelled like cigarette smoke real bad. The sheets were dirty and I didn't use them yet. The shower works slowly as the same with the bathtub. There was an ant problem in our room under one of the lamps, every night at least three or four would be crawling out of the lamp itself. The third night staying there i noticed there was a lot of noise all night long as if someone tried out our door hadle. Forth night we have the same issue with people being loud and touching our door. It seems the walls are real thin so that you can hear a lot. The tv remote didn't work well at all. The pool was an indoor heated one and it was hot outside. The ac only works when it wants to. It turns on and off on its own. The fifth night I went downstairs with my two year old to do some laundry and there were a group of people that were walking around with open containers in the lobby, which I thought was against the law. There was a guy who let his kid go swimming by herself and she was only about 9 years old, because he kept on falling down drunk. Such a bad place to stay especially if you have little ones and you don't want them to see people drunk and hear banging at three am. Don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mcormier1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Comfort Inn Northeast
#13 of 18 in Blue Ash
4.0 of 5 stars 73 reviews
#2 of 2 in Forest Park
3.5 of 5 stars 62 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate? Share your experiences!