“Shaan Indian Cuisine”

Shaan Indian
Ranked #373 of 2,032 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Oakley
Description: Shaan Indian Cuisine is pleased to present a wide selection of Indian haute cuisine made from the finest and freshest ingredients. Our menu offers a welcome change from the ordinary that is not only pleasing to the palate, but a healthful alternative as well, owing largely to the use of a variety of vegetables and leaner meats. shaani Indian Cuisine offers delicious North Indian specialties seasoned according to your tastes-wether mild, moderate or hot, a great variety to which we invite you t enjoy. Frequent visits to Shaan Indian Cuisine and sampling different items on the menu will make you a connoisseur of exotic Indian cuisine, especially the Northern Indian food prepared by the people who know. We hope you enjoy your dining experience at Shaan Indian Cuisine will be an enjoyable one! And if you would like beer or wine it's BYOB - we have glasses and a wine bottle opener.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The serving size of both meals we ordered was more than enough and the $10.99 price tag for each seemed fairly priced. Though I’ve yet to try another Indian restaurant in Cincinnati, it will be hard for them to compare to a wonderful experience at Shaan.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had the chicken tikka, papadums, and mango lassi. The chicken was enough for two, and tasted okay, but nothing to write home about. The lassi was a bit small. If in the area, I would come again especially to try the lunch buffet, but would not go out of my way.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I loved Shaan up until five minutes ago. I just found some type of beetle in my paneer makhani! I am completely disgusted by this, and will be notifying everyone I know in the area about this! Absolutely horrific!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

First off, we arrived at 11:10am- doors were locked and the place was supposed to open at 11am. Finally someone lets us in and says it will be 20 minutes to food is ready we are late- no apologies or anything. Food was not ready till 11:35am and that was about half the buffet. Food was very average in taste and really a lot of the food tasted the same which is unusual in Indian cuisine, Sauces were way too runny for indian food. Price was decent and they have coupons on their website. Drink refills were few and far between and the buffet food does not get replenished in a timely manner. Not the worst Indian food I have ever eaten, but certainly not memorable. There is better options out there and I personally like the great place across from the Dayton Mall better.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I consider myself pretty well versed on Indian food and the food here was fine. The room was nice enough. The staff pleasant enough until...I supposed they were tired of us and kindly asked us to leave. I thought they must be closing, we had seen many tables come and go, but we were having a girls night out and talked for quite a while. I was always aware that we were not taking up seats for waiting customers. The restaurant never got full. We felt forced to move our party outside and ended up spending another half hour or so in the parking lot. Even when we left the Open sign was still on, so they were not closing, I really don't see why we could not sit, we had two very full dinners with appetizers. For this reason alone I will probably never eat here again.

Here's how we came across this restaurant. I encouraged a friend to try Indian food and she lived on the eastside so we looked up places easy for us to meet. I already have my favorites closer to home, but I am game to try them all and have eaten at 90% of Indian restaurants in Cincinnati. We took a while to order since she had not had Indian, I explained some of the items. She decided to try the Vegetarian Combo platter to get a good sampling of the food. It looked perfect for her! It included a little of almost everything. I ordered a favorite dish nav ratan korma and it was fine. She loved her meal, too. I also ordered some appetizers to give her a taste of those and she would have some of everything. I don't know if she noticed there were two items they never brought her one was raita, which I had ordered for myself as well. So we ended up sharing mine. We were too busy talking to say anything. There was also one other item she did not recieve, I can't remember now. But I ended up spending alot more than ususal for dinner, because in Clifton you can usually find a coupon and I don't feel my friend recieved everything she paid for. You know we did have left overs, but I consider that a given at an Indian restaurant. If your meal is supposed to come with certain items, it should no matter how much other food you order. My recent trip to Jeff Ruby's Precinct this same thing happened.

So overall, it was not a value, it was not exceptional food so not worth the extra expense and I felt like I was nicely kicked out. I will not return.