“Oh. My. Golly Geez. Wow.” 5 of 5 bubbles

A Tavola
Ranked #34 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Oh. My. Golly Geez. Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

LOVED this Italian restaurant. We had some of the most amazing pizza. I recommend the prociutto and fig pizza. We also had one with lots of meats. Both were fantastic! Great service as well. Wonderful wine/beer selection.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
“Neapolitan Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've tried to get a table at A Tavola on many occasions, but the crowds are heavy and I've been turned away. That is, until this past Sunday. We left the Bengals game early and went uptown and, surprise, there were no lines and plenty of open tables. We ordered a couple of their special pizzas and quickly discovered why it's so difficult to get in that place. They serve a true, thin crust Neapolitan pizza that is out of this world delicious. No other pizza place serves anything like these pizzas. You've got to go there to treat your taste buds to a party.

Visited January 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great pizza, time and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We eat at A Tavola about once a month, this is my second review of the place because I have to talk about the barkeep. Not only is A Tavola still doing great pizzas (we always order 2, one to eat, and one to take home!), the cauliflower app is amazing (and, I think fairly healthy!). I tried the meatballs this time which were fantastic! Highly recommend. If you're not sure, order the sampler plate (4 meatballs).
Now for the important part: the barkeeps are getting into the craft cocktail movement. I love the creativity, and we usually sit at the bar to watch the showmanship. The staff is lovely, kind, and always happy to chat or recommend dishes or drinks.
The ambiance is lively, and sometimes loud, so if you're not in a good mood, or want a quiet place to have a serious discussion, you shouldn't dine here.
We love it and will continue to keep this restaurant in our regular rotation.

• Visited December 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Be aware of your takeout order!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We place an order for pick on the Fig jam pizza. The pizza was chard!!!!!! It smelled so burnt and tasted just the same. Every now and then you could taste the ingredients on the pizza but the hassle of trying to remove burnt pieces from my pizza was too much for me. We would have gotten the pizza replaced if the place and the street wasn't so congested. The "sliders" are really just one slider. My husband thought he was going to get two with one order and it turned out to be just one. I would eat here again but it would have to be during a time when their not so busy and I could make sure my pizza isn't burnt. Just average for this visit.

Visited January 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fun, quick, loud, and delicious.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I recently ventured out with our newborn son in tow, to attempt to have a nice dinner outside of the house. We've been here before so we knew what to expect which is fun, quick and delicious food in a loud atmosphere. We decided to order our favorite appetizer of bacon wrapped dates stuffed with house made sausage and tomato sauce. The sweetness of the sauce and dates balances the saltiness of the bacon and sausage nicely. We also tried the wagyu meatballs which were very also very good. Our prosciutto, fontina, and arugula pizza with red sauce was also spot on. They get a very nice char on the crust because of house how hot the wood-burning oven gets. We ended our evening with a plum and pear tart with salted caramel gelato. It was the perfect evening to a very good night out. I love this place!

• Visited December 2013