“Delicious Food, Great House Chianti” 5 of 5 stars

A Tavola
Ranked #26 of 1,892 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cincinnati, OH
“Delicious Food, Great House Chianti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I recently ate here on a Saturday night. They do not take reservations, so we put our name on the list and walked along Vine Street until they called us to let us know a table was ready. We ordered a bottle of the house Chianti, and we were impressed. The Wagyu Beef Meatballs (topped with goat cheese at the recommendation of our server) were absolutely wonderful; even the simple tomato sauce they were served in was delicious. We split the Sweet Pea and Bacon Pizza with Fontina cheese; it was also very tasty. We topped off dinner with the caramel gelato, which was served with toasted marshmallow: wow. Service was very good and the atmosphere is casual. Overall we were very pleased with our experience.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Crestview Hills, Kentucky
“I visit frequently and I always order a second pizza to take home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've even stopped by for a take-home pizza, when I've just finished dinner at another restaurant nearby.

Best pizza in town. Strong contender for best food in town. Great variety on the wine list. Imaginative, delicious appetizers and salads. And "real" wood fired pizzas, with excellent crust and superior toppings.

It's a busy spot, so get there early (no reservations). You can get full food service at the bar if you can't get a table (plus you can watch the food prep show).

Very knowledgeable staff. Service is always friendly and efficient.

Potential negatives are closely spaced seating and a high sound level, but all of that really only contributes to a lively, fun spot.

• Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Open on Mondays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Has the arancini, the waygu meatballs and brushette. All were amazing. The service was great. The wine selection was very good as well.

• Visited March 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Eclectic flavors were delectable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

There was a bit of a wait which is always a good sign and worth the wait. The pizza's are fired in their 1200° brick oven. The staff very knowledgable and friendly. I debated about trying the Fig, prosciutto and arugula pizza until I asked the waiter what his favorite was. He confirmed my choice. Yumm! Started out with dates stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon. Wow! Atmosphere a little noisy but oh my an enjoyable place.

1 Thank wvred859
Cincinnati
“Love the food, wish they took reservations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would put A Tavola on a short list of restaurants I would go to frequently if they would take reservations! The bacon and pea pizza is so good and the prices "right" for the quality of food that you get. Our server was super-nice too.

Visited January 2013