“Worst Choice Hotel I've stated in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   130 W. Mitchell Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45217 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
buffalo, ny
“Worst Choice Hotel I've stated in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Construction surrounded the hotel. Just getting into the parking lot was difficult. I do not blame this on the hotel. There is plenty to blame on them. I had booked a non-smoking room. When I opened the door it was obvious that the room had been smoked in. The hotel was booked that night so I knew I couldn't change rooms. However, they had made me sign a form saying I'd pay $100 of I got caught smoking in the room. I thought that would be no big deal because I don't smoke. So I got the front desk clerk to come to the room, and he agreed that it smelled of smoke. He did try an aerosol spray, but it did nothing. Also the WIFI either didn't work at all or when it did it was so slow it was useless. The shower had not been cleaned, either. I will say the bed was comfy and the staff was nice but not enough to overcome a horrible experience. I stay at Choice Hotels frequently, I just won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: You can find better for the money in the Cincinnati area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had stayed at Choice Rewards hotel on our two week vacation, By far this one was the best.
The receptionist Diane Wright was so helpful, showing us where to park and getting us a room on the first floor after arriving late that evening. She was there the next morning and even made the waffles for us, she was like a mom away from home! The rooms were clean and well furnished. I have a granddaughter attending Cincinnati Christian College and I definitely will stay there again when visiting her. Only bad part was entering or leaving the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Zug
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

First, the manager was very helpful. However everything else about the hotel was terrible. I booked a non smoking room, but the only room they had was a smoking room. The smell was just unbearable, the windows didn't open, the air con did not cool the room at all, the walls nicotine stained and the room was dark, all in all, a really bad experience. Outside, there were down-and-outs positioned all round the busy intersection begging for money, impression was that they were up to no good.. I would avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Simon H

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I spent one night there and over the next day or so ended up with itchy red welts on my neck, buttocks, and leg. The motel itself wasn't so bad, but I hope I didn't bring home bedbugs. The breakfast was good and the service was also friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Yael A
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel was a last result. We actually were sue to stay here for 3 days but couldn't last 24hrs. We just had to take the loss and leave. This hotel is located in a high crime area. With very loud, and trashy people. When we arrived the lobby smelled of marihuana!! The front desk agent was trying to spray away the smell, but I would assume the police be called and have these people arrested! There was nothing safe around to sight see and the food option there was very very poor. Nice rooms and there breakfast was very good however the Breakfast worker was highly rude. She was yelling ay a coworker and we clearly heard her. And she was highly snappy to a few of us. Very little parking. And it was a serious task entering and leaving the lot. This place has a bunch of prostitutes roaming this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda J
Shelbyville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We made reservations at this hotel, and upon arriving, we discovered that it appeared to be in a very dangerous neighborhood. We were traveling with young children and did not feel safe. Even though we were past the deadline to cancel our reservation, the desk clerk was extremely nice and accommodating. He said he completely understood and cancelled our reservation. I have no idea of the conditions inside as we left as soon as possible. I would like to compliment them on their service, however, as they made the cancellation easier than I ever would have expected.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank TravelinMomma77
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We chose this place because it was the closest to downtown for a reasonable price on a busy weekend. It is on a commercial strip just off the Interstate (which is currently under heavy construction). And when I say "just off" I really mean it, as the interstate entrance/exit ramps make access to the hotel lot somewhat awkward. On check-in the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and in good shape - except for peeling paint in the bathroom where there obviously had been a past water problem. Despite being so near the expressway our room was quiet. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. But the one thing that really turned us off was the strong stench of smoke in the hallway that turned our stomach every time we went in or out. I realize that some hotels choose to still have "smoking" rooms, but everyone shouldn't be exposed to that on the way to their "non-smoking" accomodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ROCtraveler30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
3.5 of 5 stars 100 reviews
Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati
#9 of 16 in Sharonville
3.5 of 5 stars 103 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!