“A Personal Favorite Reincarnated”
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Reserve with OpenTable
Meritage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coral Ave.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had enjoyed several great meals when this location was previously occupied by the Gaslight Cafe. I was tremendously disappointed when the premises were vacated but excited to learn that it had reopened under new management and a new name. In fact everything except the shell of the building is different but the food and service are, if anything, better. The manager could not have been more accommodating even moving us to a larger table the moment one became available. The server was extremely helpful, going so far as to track down the recipe for the steamed mussels, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The menu is heavy toward beef entrees but both the prime rib and the New York strip met with our approval. The large crowd on a rainy Saturday night indicated that the locals agree with us that the new tenant has been well received.

There are newer reviews for Meritage

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have eaten at Meritage many times. The first time was early in their career as a restaurant and I was blown away by how ready they were. It was as though they had been in the restaurant business for years, and here it was just a couple of weeks. I knew from the get-go that this restaurant was going to make it and time has born me out. In the eight or so times I have eaten there I have never been disappointed. The food is done perfectly and hospitality is their other name. You feel good just being there, so rather than tell you about this or that meal, just go and dine there. You will not regret it, I promise you that. Enjoy

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Meritage (rhymes with "age") restaurant is less than a year old and is a favorite of mine. Their food is top quality, served with style, and beautifully presented. Their most ingratiating aspect is their total commitment to the concept of hospitality. You are treated as a respected guest and they never let you forget it.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really nice place to experience good food and good surroundings. Modern European feel to the decor. Special effort made to use seasonal crops and to change menus frequently. Outstanding homemade soups and specialties of an experienced chef. Good wine list and bar.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

On my friends suggestion - as this is her new fav spot - I visited Meritage for dinner. The food is "outta this world" good!! Menu - is expertly crafted. The plates and presentations are wonderful. I had fresh asparagus soup .. that made me want to ask for seconds!! My salmon was some of the best I have ever had .. perfection! Staff knows their wine too!! Selction of wine ... splendid .. ask to have a taste .. no problem ... ! The dining room is small .. but feels good even when almost full! Get there early or make a reservation for the coveted booths. Outside dining is great too .. bar has a nice local feel and very welcoming. Keep doing what your doing Meritage .. I will be back!!