“Kind of disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been hearing so much about Tom & Chee that I decided this was where I wanted to have my Mother's Day lunch. There were a ton of people, but they moved us up to the counter to place our order very quickly. We were given a number to place on our table in order for staff to find us. Our order arrived within about 15 minutes (again they were very busy so it was expected).

I ordered the Mac & Cheese grilled sandwich and a cup of the creamy tomato basil soup. The soup was not as hot (temperature) as I would have liked, but the taste was pretty good. Not heavy, just clean tomato taste. As for the sandwich, it was tasteless. I couldn't even taste any hint of cheese flavor.

I'm willing to give Tom & Chee another shot. Maybe I'll just go for the grilled doughnut...I mean really how can that every be bad?

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My fiancee and I went here for lunch b/c we saw it was on Man Vs. Food Nation. I think the restaurant has a cool concept but the prices seem a little high for grilled cheese and tomato soup. Our lunch cost me $18. The menu is on a blackboard and it a little overwhelming. I got the bacon and bleu and she got grilled chicken. Note there is no parking for the restaurant but across the street there is a parking lot where you have to leave you keys. That ruined our experience b/c the guys moved my car and couldnt find it and then blocked me in and was helping other customers off the lot who arrived after me. Like I said cool concept but seemed pricey.

1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Give yourself time to take in the menu. Its kind of like the first time you go in to chipotle or eat at cheesecake factory or any place where the menu choices overwhelm you. Grilled roast beef with onion straw is awesome. Grilled Mac and cheese I could so without. Grilled cheese and bacon on sourdough always a works too. Tomato basil soup is great. Stay away from the grippos chips... You would do better eating the sole of your shoe. Really awesome experience I have done many times!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

After seeing tons of reviews about this place on TripAdvisor, I knew I had to give it a try. We made a quick stop for some take out after stopping at the Aquarium and the food was really good but the dessert has to be the best thing I have tried in a long time. The s'more donut in particular was AMAZING! If you have a sweet tooth or a love for chocolate, this is a MUST try! I wish there were more of these in Ohio! Also tried the grilled cheese salad which was the best of both worlds. Kids meals are plentiful and the overall prices are great! Staff was very friendly and efficient. I can't wait to go back and try something new!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Like so many others writing reviews, we were prompted to go here after seeing them on "Shark Tank." So glad we did.

While the menu isn't huge, it can be hard to make up your mind what to order. If you're going there with kids, you might want to look up the menu online ahead of time so you don't hold up the line that starts forming behind you. Seating is limited, so either go early or late, or be prepare to get your meal to go.

We found the staff to be very friendly, the restaurant clean, and the food hot and fresh. The regular tomato soup was a good version of a classic. The creamy basil version was loved by my husband and daughter, but a little too heavy for me. I think that one is best in a little cup for dunking. I had the hippy chee, which was a bit messy, but good. Definitely ask for a fork with that one! Grilled Mac&Cheese sandwich was heavy, but delicious.

Since you're already ignoring the American Heart Association's dietary guidelines, you definitely have to try the grilled cheese donut. It is one of those foods that you don't think should work, but is surprisingly delicious. We split one between the 5 of us for dessert and will certainly be going back for more of these one day.

1  Thank OhioMomof3