“Great place to visit if you are a vegan or a vegetarian.”
Review of The Loving Hut

The Loving Hut
Ranked #149 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 8, 2017

It's a great place that serves and promotes great vegan food. It was a kind of end to our search for good vegan food in Cincinnati area.

Food:
We went for Korean Glass Noodles, Raw Pizza, and Black Rice Burger. Raw Pizza came with a side of salad and Black Rice Burger came with a side of chips. We tried Glass Noodles for the first time ever and loved it so much (we got one in our next visit to the grocery store and made it at home as well). The Korean Glass Noodles were delicious. Raw Pizza was very innovative and good. You don't feel the slice is too heavy, unlike traditional pizza. The topping of avocado brought a lot of freshness to the slice. The Black Rice Burger was amazing. The patty was delicious and the veggies perfectly in harmony - MUST TRY.

Ambiance:
It looks like a small place from outside but they have a good seating capacity further inside. Just as you enter, you see a lot of business cards of local businesses. On one side on the walls, they have kept plaques with famous personalities who are vegetarian or vegan. In addition, there are some motivational quotes. On the other side is the order counter and the open kitchen. So you can see how they make what they make. There are a couple of on the go items as well already made like cookies, jams etc. They provide biodegradable utensils for eating which is good and very environment-friendly. There are two rooms inside which has a couple of tables and booths. They also have a rack with a couple of books which you can take to read. Overall, loved the ambiance.

Staff and Service:
The lady at the counter, perhaps the owner, was very friendly. The service was quick. No issues there.

It's a great place to visit if you are a vegan or a vegetarian. Great food and service.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I am not a vegan. I tried Loving Hut for the first time last week because my cousin is vegan and there is limited selection on good vegan restaurants in Cincinnati. I waited 45 minutes for my carry out, and before I received my food I told myself the line wasn't worth coming back again, but wow, the food is worth it. The chili and cheese tasted like the real deal. The burgers are the best non meat burgers I've ever had. Everything I've ever ordered there has been delicious. Worth giving it a whirl even if your not vegan.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

If you are a committed Vegan, this is your spot! If you are not Vegan, stay away.
I'm not a committed Vegan mostly because most of the food is dreadful. The best I can say is it is eatable, but just bearly. There were 4 of us, and none of our meals could be described at "good". Just tolerable. But in Vegans' defense, they are not about what they eat, it's about what they do not eat. So if you're. only eating to stay alive and not starve to death, then this kind of food will do?

Reviewed April 2, 2017

It is hard to find vegan food in Cincinnati in comparison to other cities. They have new items on the menu frequently, and if you are like me, you usually eat the same thing, but branch out and try something knew. Most of the dishes that I have had, I would eat again. The food is made to order and fresh. The menu has a wide variety of items so if you are a first timer, take a moment to look at the menu. If the line is long, you can view the menu (it's on a board and they have takeout menus as well) on the board while you are in line. Some of my favs are the Cincinnati Chili, which is the vegan version of Gold Star or Skyline Chili. I generally ask for extra meat (vegan that is). The Buffalo Wrap with extra buffalo sauce on the side or the chix with rice and veggies are all fantastic. To top it off the chocolate vegan cake is fabulous as well. On my last visit, there was a young lady from Indiana who said that she really wished they had a Loving Hut in Indy; her sister would eat there every day. This is a great plan when you are trying to follow a plant based diet.

Reviewed November 19, 2016

My husband and I eat regularly at the Loving Hut. When we first went there we picked more elementary things like the spring roll meal. We have branched out now and have some wonderful new favorites...we love the Roasted Portabela mushrooms and rice..there are other roasted veggies in this ,too.As usual the dressings are fantastic..with this dish they have 2 dressings...one is a cheesy dressing...no cheese of course..and an incredible vinegrette dressing. The portion is huge and we usually have 2 meals from it. You can actually also get this meal in a wrap, but we prefer the plate.
We also love the pho and the Lucky sea kelp salad. The staff there is so friendly,too.Desserts are incredible..carrot cake and chocolate cake. Our birthday cakes are ordered from there.